BC Boards

Trainers in Washington State?

Gloria Atwater

Greetings all ~

I've an Aussie-owner friend near Seattle who's asking me for the names of good stockdog trainers in Washington State. She was told about a Sharon Shillings in Ellensburg, but wanted to know if I'd heard of any others.

There's an outfit calling itself "Ewe-topia" at Roy, but I know nothing about them. My friend is willing to travel some, but I don't know if Patrick Shannahan works with Aussies. Can anyone pass along some suggestions? Thanks!

Cheers ~

Gloria

Greetings all ~

I've an Aussie-owner friend near Seattle who's asking me for the names of good stockdog trainers in Washington State. She was told about a Sharon Shillings in Ellensburg, but wanted to know if I'd heard of any others.

There's an outfit calling itself "Ewe-topia" at Roy, but I know nothing about them. My friend is willing to travel some, but I don't know if Patrick Shannahan works with Aussies. Can anyone pass along some suggestions? Thanks!

Cheers ~

Gloria

She might try Diane Pagel who is near Seattle. I know from her blog that she occasionally works with Aussies. Apparently she had two this weekend that she really liked.

www.deltabluez.com

I do work with Aussies. I just worked with two very talented Aussies this last weekend. If the owners really want to work sheep with their dogs, I am willing to work wiht them. I live 30 minutes east of Seattle. There are some other good trainers beside me....let me know where your friend lives and I can help them.

I do work with Aussies. I just worked with two very talented Aussies this last weekend. If the owners really want to work sheep with their dogs, I am willing to work wiht them. I live 30 minutes east of Seattle. There are some other good trainers beside me....let me know where your friend lives and I can help them.

That's great, thank you, Diane!

I'll direct her to your website and let her contact you directly. Her name is Deborah and she's got an Aussie pup for whom she's looking to the future. I hope you and she can connect. Thanks again!

Cheers ~

Gloria

Greetings all ~

Cheers ~

Gloria

I think Sharon Simmons is probably the trainer meant in Ellensburg. Patrick does work with Aussies from what I've heard. Other people (besides Diane) to try would be Trudy Viklund in Battleground and also Elsie Rhodes. There is a wealth of good trainers in western WA, and many work with Aussies (Trudy and Elsie own Aussies).

hope this helps . . .

I've been on the road for close to a week and won't be home close to another week...I got the email from your friend....I sent her some info so if she wants to get a lesson this Sat, I have my Asst Intructors that can work wiht her. They are very familiar wiht Aussies.

Hi Diane ~

Good, thank you for responding to her. I don't know if she's looking to talk to a trainer immediately or later, since her pup is still young, but I'm glad she's opened communications. I know anyone you have working under you will be excellent help. Thanks so much!

Cheers ~

Gloria

Archived