BC Boards

Scooter gave me a scare today!

bc4ever

I've been super vigilant with all the medical supplies in the house the last month so Scooter wouldn't accidentally ingest something lethal.

This afternoon I walked into the den and he was in his chair, crunching away. I tried to see what it was, then saw what looked like part of a tooth fall from his mouth, then something red, like blood. I freaked. (I do that a lot lately. :D ) Then I noticed the distinct smell of peppermint. He had somehow gotten one of DH's Starlight mints and he wasn't giving it up for anything! I called the Emergency Vet and they said it wouldn't hurt him. Watching for signs of too much sugar--thankfully they weren't sugar free. And now his breath is minty fresh! Good Lord! I don't think my heart is going to make it! :rolleyes:

Phew! Scary moment!

(Last year, we were giving away prizes to students in the auditorium. One prize was a big bag of Wint-0-Green Lifesavers. The boy who won it - a born politician - tossed them out into the crowd so all the kids could have one. Then we went back to class. Whereupon, 25 kids sat breathing wintergreen air at me, until my entire classroom was a blissed-out, sugared-out, minty delight. It really was one of the most pleasant moments in my career.)

Mary

I'm sure the sugar from one mint won't bother him.

Mick once drank a bag of hummingbird feed. Aside from colorful puke on my patio, he was none the worse for wear.

Once I got over the shock of thinking he'd broken off a tooth, I was pretty sure the sugar wouldn't hurt him. Was more concerned about the peppermint. :rolleyes:

Archived