BC Boards

Class order at National Finals

CLW1

I'm wondering about the class order at the National Finals this year. I thought that usually Open ran first, then Nursery, but I'm not sure how it's been done in the past. Does anyone know? And if that is usually the order, why did Nursery run first this year?

I'm wondering about the class order at the National Finals this year. I thought that usually Open ran first, then Nursery, but I'm not sure how it's been done in the past. Does anyone know? And if that is usually the order, why did Nursery run first this year?

I think in the past the early rounds of Open and Nursery have often run at the same time on different fields. The Nursery Second Round is usually done before the pen Finals. I recall some people have had difficulty going back and forth to different fields.

I believe it was done differently this year due to physical limitations of the trial site. Basically Belle Grove did not have the ability to run 2 fields at once. There was some grumbling about how long it would stretch out the finals for people who were running both.

Depends on the host committee and the HA trial committee. Running nursery first may mean less experienced dogs get first crack at the sheep. Running two fields is logistically difficult, running nursery last makes it an afterthought. Pick your favorite difficulty.

Donald McCaig

Depends on the host committee and the HA trial committee. Running nursery first may mean less experienced dogs get first crack at the sheep. Running two fields is logistically difficult, running nursery last makes it an afterthought. Pick your favorite difficulty.

Donald McCaig

That prettymuch sums it up.Love the "Pick your own difficulty" phrase

Archived