BC Boards

2010 National Sheepdog Finals...

Sue R

OT but...anyone know what the chances are for shady spectator parking? Would like to leave my dog in the car for a portion of my time attempting to soak everything in. (I hope I'll meet some of you. :rolleyes: )

Many thanks,

Barbara

Barbara: I don't think you should count on being able to find any shady parking this weekend. We were parking in a big field without any trees last weekend.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barbara: I don't think you should count on being able to find any shady parking this weekend. We were parking in a big field without any trees last weekend.

Yes, very little (if any) shaded places to park. Unless of course, you make your own shade somehow with tarp, etc. I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. I want to bring one of my dogs, but not sure if I'll be able to find a way I can be comfortable and safe doing it. Let me know if you come up with a good plan.

Hi All

I'm new to this Board but my wife and I are planning to be at the National Finals this weekend. We will be camping at Cedar Creek and we hope to run into some of you during the event.

Larrie

My family, husband and 2 twin girls will be staying at Cedar Creek on this Friday (tomorrow) evening in tent camping spot 2. We stayed last Friday and it was very nice. The bath house was even warm in the morning to take a shower. Very clean and extremely quiet in the evening, hated to even have to slam the doors on our old vehicle!

Thank you, Alchemist. Don't want the pooch to melt, so I am planning on attending without him. It is just as well, for while he is well behaved I know I'll enjoy having my focus on the field.

B.

Somehow, I managed to miss meeting up with several of you (or else you spotted me and went the other way!) but I have to say I enjoyed spending time with Megan, seeing Nancy again, meeting Alchemist (I'm always forgetting your real name), meeting Laura from CO, seeing Michelle Dobbs (camera at hand, and I'm eager awaiting her photos), Karen Karkow, and a few others.

It is always so wonderful to see top handlers and dogs on the field, often folks you have only heard about, and also inspiring to see those new handlers and dogs go out and make their mark.

The dinner didn't work out, and I'm sorry about that, but I sure enjoyed meeting many of you!

I wasn't able to make it afterall. Had to cancel my hotel res. Hope someone attending the trial got it! I loved that I was still able to view the semi finals and finals on the webcast though! Hopefully I'll meet up with some of you at other trials in the future.

Archived