BC Boards

2010 National Sheepdog Finals...

Sue R

Sue,

Our plans are not definite. We'll be there Sunday (19th) for the eye clinic. I'll be there Monday for the handler's meeting. We'll be there Thursday evening for the ABCA meeting through Friday for my run. After that it'll depend upon how Peg & I do.

We have people working on our house (windows and radiators) and this takes precidence.

Mark

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sue,

Our plans are not definite. We'll be there Sunday (19th) for the eye clinic. I'll be there Monday for the handler's meeting. We'll be there Thursday evening for the ABCA meeting through Friday for my run. After that it'll depend upon how Peg & I do.

We have people working on our house (windows and radiators) and this takes precidence.

Mark

Here's hoping you're competing through Sunday! But I understand the need to be home for the renovations - hope they are going very well.

So is it definitely going to be Saturday night then? Bummer. Oh well, hopefully I'll see some of you throughout the week.

Doesn't mean we can spend time during the week but most people I've contacted will be there for the Open Finals weekend, and so I've had to aim for that. And, with meetings or other activities on Mon, Wed, Thurs, and Fri, that doesn't leave too many alternatives.

Now, there is a pizza place that delivers, if folks on another night might like pizza...how about pizza (or something else low-key) on Tues evening as well as a dinner on Sat, or even a trip to a local eatery? I'm game for either if folks would like to come to the camper or to town.

Anyone who wants to find me can find me either in the campground at the little yellow teardrop with the blue pop-up attached (hopefully, as that's how I manage to take showers and I'm hoping there is room for that or I've got to rethink things); or, I'll be announcing (should be in the spectators' tent) on Wed and Thurs from 10:30 to 12:30; or maybe at the sales table sometime; as a backup/floater Sun morning, Mon afternoon, and Tues afternoon.

I'll have my cell - anyone who wants it, please email or PM and we exchange numbers.

I think I asked this in another thread about the finals a while back, but are spectators going to be allowed in the camp area? I know the finals I went to before they were very strict about not allowing non handler/volunteers into the camp area. I would have volunteered to help but wasn't actually sure about being able to go until a few days ago. As I am leaving Fri after work I doubt I'd make it in time for the dance on Fri, but I am definitely up for Sat night!

Joan - Camping is very limited at Belle Grove, and only handlers and volunteers who are putting in more hours will be able to camp. I know that at Gettysburg, there seemed to be more camping area than demand, but that is not going to be the case at Belle Grove.

We'll see you Saturday! I'm thinking that, for those who would like to get together for dinner that Saturday evening, let's meet by the handlers' tent after the last run and finalize plans, and go from there.

Hello everyone,

Sue wrote, "And, with meetings or other activities on Mon, Wed, Thurs, and Fri, that doesn't leave too many alternatives."

There is also an event on Tuesday evening that will involve some of us, so Saturday evening seems to be the only one available.

Thanks to Sue and others for the suggestions about where we could meet and eat!

Regards,

nancy

Thanks, Nancy, I was not aware of a Tuesday evening activity. That leaves Sat for the only choice for most people but I'd be game for getting together on Tuesday with anyone who can't be there on Saturday. Otherwise, that will be my lazy night!

For those with family, I don't see why you all can't just come along if you'd like to. My work schedule is making it hard to figure out a lunchtime get-together and that will all depend (for me) on how that schedule figures out in its final form. I still have to hear back on one "job", and my primary job is usually until 12 or 1, or starting at 12 or 1, so it makes it hard to do lunch.

Maybe an afternoon time in the spectators' tent to chat? I won't know when until my schedule is finalized. Look for the old woman in the red chair with cow poop on her shoes...

I think I asked this in another thread about the finals a while back, but are spectators going to be allowed in the camp area? I know the finals I went to before they were very strict about not allowing non handler/volunteers into the camp area. I would have volunteered to help but wasn't actually sure about being able to go until a few days ago. As I am leaving Fri after work I doubt I'd make it in time for the dance on Fri, but I am definitely up for Sat night!

There is a campground within a stone's throw of Belle Grove Plantation (literally no more than a mile away, also on Rt 11) called Battle of Cedar Creek Campground. You might give them a call and see if you could camp there: (540) 869-1888. I see there's also a very fancy campground 20 minutes away that you can check out at http://candyhill.com/.

I guess I didn't word that correctly. I actually booked a hotel room, so I didn't mean camping for myself. I just meant spectators going and visiting with the handlers/volunteers in the campground. Like if I wanted to go visit with Sue at her tent.

I don't think you'd have the least bit of difficulty doing that.

I don't think you'd have the least bit of difficulty doing that.

Not unless I'm hiding! :rolleyes:

Sure, I'd love you to come visit. You'll have to bring a chair as I have only one, but there is the step for a spare seat, too, or just sitting inside.

It is the Battle/Cedar Creek campground with the $10/night tent spots (based on one person). I checked and as of last week they had available spots. They do have a bathhouse I think.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. I wanted to badly but just cannot swing it. :rolleyes: Y'all will have to tell us all of your stories when you get back! We're going to have a Finals Party and hopefully do some streaming video. That's the plan, anyway.

I'm leaving tomorrow (Friday) in the morning sometime. Just look me up if you want to, let's plan on meeting at the handlers' tent right after the last run on Sat to gather and go for dinner, and my camper is open for company any time I'm there - bring your own chair, if you can.

Most any time, I'll be hanging around and pretending I know what's going on on the field. I'd love to anyone from here!

I'm hoping to meet up with BC Boards people. I'd been planning on leaving tomorrow night, but (alas) the proposal I've been working on for the last two months that's due next week isn't close enough to completion, so I don't think I'll be there on Saturday after all. Maybe Sunday if I'm lucky. The following weekend, for sure. We'll have Duncan with us, so look for the handsome black-and-white dog with prick ears (as if THAT's going to be a distinguishing feature!).

I'm hoping to meet up with BC Boards people. I'd been planning on leaving tomorrow night, but (alas) the proposal I've been working on for the last two months that's due next week isn't close enough to completion, so I don't think I'll be there on Saturday after all. Maybe Sunday if I'm lucky. The following weekend, for sure. We'll have Duncan with us, so look for the handsome black-and-white dog with prick ears (as if THAT's going to be a distinguishing feature!).

Where's the "like" button? See you!

Archived