BC Boards

Charlie Torrie, young and accomplished or old and still trying???? Inquiring minds...

tucknjill

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm prepared to drink just as fast and often as you like if you come to Fosterfields Wobbin.

Coming Charlie? We can take a picture of you through the vodka bottle to add to the collection.

How about you Fosher? You could see my damn Kelpie, just ran him in Nursery for the first time, still without flanks. Quite entertaining.

A.

Just put my entry in the mail A.! I'll be there with the tub of margaritas. Will have to refill it after that VBCA trial - missed ya!

Mark says his drink was medicinal for his back. I dunno though, i think maybe he was hoping to join the giggle gang....

From where? I have one that has your name written all over her. Determined little snot takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I decided not to sell her to a pet home thinking she'd be a good one for work and a real handful without it. That's how i've gotten left with 4 (yes, 4!) puppies. Yikes. A good work home will turn up i'm sure.

That'd be Night/Nell then. I like that Nell and she's pretty closely related to my Gael, the one you wanted a pup from. If Im remembering correctly, Nell is bred about the same as Gael's dam.

Yep, mine is the Spottie/Link, a little tri bitch i'm calling Nan. Neat little pup and very determined and fearless. I hope to try her on some lambs at 4 months old, which would be right around Fosterfields. Of course, she might have *my* name on her after that depending on what she does. :rolleyes:

Ah, the gathering of the clans. Showing off your new purchase from Sam are you Mark?

Hey Robin, I'm happy to hear that about the dam, you know I really like Gael and would definitely have taken one if those.

And now you're tormenting me with Nan. Seriously, if she's still around at Fosterfields, I'll take a look at her. Quality trained dogs are scarce on the ground, so I might as well be taking a shot on some young 'uns while I wait.

Andrea

I won't be going to fosterfields or any other trial in the forseeable future. No time to train dogs at the present, and I will be back to being a one-man show from mid-August until sometime in late Sept. to early Oct.

Frustrating as hell.

Actually, I will be at the NEBCA Fall Foliage trial, as it will be held here at Bramble Hill Farm. And we're probably going to have a novice and nursery trial on the Monday following the FF.

Hey A. - Yeah, finding trained dogs is getting pretty tough. I'm trying the scattergun approach - have 4 young pups and will weed my way through them looking for the best. Geez it'll be hard letting them go though. Nan's a cutie, i'd love for you to have her. Got a good feeling about her, i like how determined she is while still being a listener. We'll see, never know with pups! I can hardly wait to try them out.

Jezzzzzzzus gosh almightyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I THOUGHT WE HAD PUT THIS ONE TO BED..here I am home from a three day training jaunt (yeah this time you can be very jealous cause a had a fabulous time!) and I come home to the infamous thread again!

I have a few things to say...

1. Charlie yer a hottie!

2. Bill you are a pretty good judge of character. Next time, dont be suchcha a chicken and come have a margarita with the girls!

3. I really enjoyed meeting Chris, if you see him tell him thanks for a nice job judging, I had a super super time at that trial.

4. A, I have your puppy here..Picked him up tonight...little eyeballs all tested today and passed. I am keeping him till Fosterfields for you...have Scotts too and will make sure they are properly futzed up by the time you get em! Oh on the eye papers, we named Scotts Bing...thehehehhehehe Will make sure they get all shots and wormed etc.

Ok you can go back to being jealous..did I mention, I had a f'ing fabulous time today..sigh..I love dogs. Oh and I practiced double lifts, and Grace ACTUALLY found her sheep...sigh, maybe one day she will do it in public!

Joanie, lol DO YOU HEAR ME! ?

Crud, how the heck do you do the whole post picture thing, I am LD computer girl k?

If I have batteries in my camera, you will have pictures tonight..they are very cute A...Diane, they are Knight (Roy browns glenn) x Nell (havent seen her pedigree, but got this pup on some pretty good advice that she had bred three good ones overseas...Hence the reason why himself has her)

Ok so for those of you that know me..I am not typical long nailed kinda girl...pretty darned handy, fix things, can haul my camper all over the world (well except for east st louis) So what the HELL was I thinking when I pulled home last night at 11 pm and pulled to the grassy turn around to the left of my driveway to dump my tanks...was I being efficient or just bloody fing stupid. My god, what was I thinking...somwhere in the dim foggy recesses, I DO remember my husband telling me that we had three inches of rain the other day...did that register...OF COURSE NOT. Guess I better go call the wrecker to haul me out..I am BURRIED. UGHHHHHH I am STUPID. SIGH.

Catching up on a bunch of old posts:

Why is it getting hard to find good trained dogs? I guess I'm lucky I got Fly when I did and didn't decide to wait a couple of years.

I was pleased to meet Bill at Bloomfield. He came up and said "You must be Melanie" at about the same time I was bitching about some spectator who wanted to fondle Solo. I figure Solo and I are pretty easy to recognize at sheepdog trials for a number of different reasons. Bill is younger than I thought he'd be. I also got to meet Margaret Wheeler and her gorgeous coyote-looking Nell. That was cool too.

Bill, if you get a chance tell Chris I said hi. I really enjoyed scribing for him. I've been working on re-installing Fly's stop.

Mark, I would love to come work dogs at your gorgeous place sometime. Next time I am down in VA I'll drop an email.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Fosterfields. My printer was on the fritz so my entry was postmarked a day late. I hope we get in -- Ranch is limited to 30 dogs so I'm worried.