BC Boards

Charlie Torrie, young and accomplished or old and still trying???? Inquiring minds...

tucknjill

Hey Charlie,

I'm home. Don't let our sorry ass group intimidate you. We all got humbled pretty good by the sheep at Longshot, unless Young and Accomplished laid one down after I left. Speaking for myself (50, occasional corporate lawyer and managing partner) I won't be giving up my day job just yet.

We love ya baby,

Andrea

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the south is --

A friend of mine from North Carolina was visiting friends in Louisiana. They went into a local greasy spoon for breakfast and were served rice alongside their eggs. They liked it, but metioned to the waitress that they had been expecting grits.

"Child, we don't eat grits here! We're from the South!"

Here's another one:

Two top handlers went into an all night cafe in Georgia, or was it Tennessee, very early one morning for breakfast. Both happened to be on the green tea diet, so one asked the waitress whether they had any green tea. Eyeing him speculatively, she paused a moment before asking: "Boy, just WHERE do you think you are?"

A.

Poor Poor Charlie,

Gotta Love it..got yer gingersnaps right here!!! You crack me up..I think we can call a truce right now, but I WILL get my money as I have a spy going to a trail I KNOW you will be attending...Hehehehe she knows who she is, so you are not out of the woods just yet..You will recognize her when the flash goes off in your face. Anyway, as Andrea says, we love ya, no hard feelings... I am just home from a whirlwind trip and I am feeling mellow yellow so I will let you off the hook...heheheh Kind of me I know.

Keep up the sense of humor, you crack me up!

Sam

• 5 weeks later...

I hate to resurrect this thread but I was asked to do a job and I feel responsible when I say I will do something so here goes. I was able to meet the infamous Charlie Torre at a trial this weekend and managed to snap a photo of him. It was hard to do as he was very elusive but here is the best I could do.

torre.jpg

I have to admit it was as fun meeting Charlie as it was meeting Sam last month and so I couldn't really take sides in this 'battle' - hence the mysterious photo!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH GERI, YOU ARE A ROYAL BOOGERSNOT! Just tell us who wins the damn money will ya? I bet Charlie has a great sense of humor, dry and a bit sarcastic? Am I right???? Sigh now I will have to wait, I am leaving for bluegrass in the am and dangit, we have to settle up with OHCanada when we get there...she has invested our funds wisely I hope and I may now be looking at a lot of money!!!

You are a rascal Geri, here I thought I had ya firmly planed in my camp..sigh better luck next time! Hope you did well at the trial... I think I will now from this day forth call Charlie "Waldo" as in "Wheres Waldo!" I was up at ye old instructors house the other day Waldo and he was asking if I had every collected on the bet..just wanted you to know that you are still a topic of conversation here in the east! Hope you did well at the trial too, esp since you might be featured in a Mag pic so I can get my MONEY! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am off to bed, just finished the last of the laundry and washed the 8 dogs I am taking with me...and I am bushed..if we cant be good, by god at least the dogs will look good! Nitey Nite.

Hey, no fair.

Typing on my son's laptop sitting on the front porch of his student ghetto digs. No self respecting 20 something that just finished his last exam would be up at this ungodly hour, so I'm checking my email and the boards, and see THIS.

All I can say is, those promised pics of Sam in her jammies at the Bluegrass won't be posted unless I get to see that pic of Charlie in his shades. What comes around goes around, amigos.

A.

Hey A,

I will forward it to you if you PROMISE to pick out someone good looking and SKINNY to take a picture of...you die if you catch me coming out of the camper! I dunno, in thinking I might have won the bet after all...not really sure...will fwd it to you and we can fight it out at BG. You are still coming right?

Not . . . Stubby?!?

Soo-Young's (Lucas' girlfriend's parents) are making a major Korean feast tonight, so we're going to that first and then leaving early tomorrow.

I'll lend you and Robin the camera and you can take pics of any and all. 300 shots on one disc thingie, so plenty to go around for bargaining chips.

A.

• 2 months later...

I apologize for bringing this old thread up again, but I figured this was the best place to put this.

I've been talking to Charlie now that I've moved up to Boise. He stopped by my house today on his way home from his weekend and I got to meet him and three of his wonderful dogs. I'm bummed that I don't have any sheep in here yet for us to work, but it was nice to meet him all the same. What a nice guy!

Anyway, he let me take a picture of him! So I thought I'd post it. Here it is:

Photo of Charlie

Jodi :rolleyes:

I still haven't met Mr. Torre (Mr. T? could it be? Who's behind the eightball now?) but I did manage to meet two people from this board recently and found them to be quite different from what I expected, and quite the same.

Ms. Furman struck me as a.) someone whose trial runs are worth watching, even if you have to watch through binoculars from the set out. b.) someone with whom it would be fun to get drunk, and c.) someone I would not want to be on the wrong side of.

I also met Melanie (whom I first recognized because I saw Solo, of whom I have seen so many photos). I believe that pound for pound she has the deepest voice of any human being on the planet.

Bill,

knowing both women in your last post...

I must concure on all points about Sam; however, :rolleyes: will go by quite fast :D and the giggles are very funny. Now that you mention it, Melanie, does have quite the deep voice.

Sam see you Saturday.

Melanie, how's the writing going? If you need a break and want a sheep fix give us a call.

Mark