BC Boards

Charlie Torrie, young and accomplished or old and still trying???? Inquiring minds...

tucknjill

Julie: I have nothing to say to you, you little snitch.

Andrea: Tell Lena that her (well, Gita's I guess) dog Wink is doing great for me. She's won me some money both on light hair sheep and on range ewes. Lately all the trialing errors have been mine as far as Wink is concerned.

As for that picture from work... well, it was taken in high school. So, the only reason I thought Sam looked so young is that I'm really, reallllllly, olllllllllllllld.

charlie

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Charlie, I have a confession to make. I had pictured you as an older, grey-haired fellow--you know, the classic kindly professor. In fact, I even figured that you had taken up sheep and sheepdogs as something to do when you were done with teaching (yes, the implication being that you were probably close to retirement). I suppose I got it all wrong, huh? Although I regularly search people (usually researchers and professors) out on the Internet for my work, it never even occurred to me to do as Mark did and find you that way. Anyway, now that we all know you so well, you really should move east....

J.

Although I regularly search people (usually researchers and professors) out on the Internet for my work, it never even occurred to me to do as Mark did and find you that way.

As a totally off topic aside, I would like to add something to this. I always feel self-conscious adding the C. to Denise Wall. The reason professionals who go by their middle name sometimes list their first initial is in case someone is trying to hunt down their credentials or publications. I'm always worried this looks snooty but there's a reason why I do it.

Ok Charlie,

You have to come clean!! We have 22 dollars riding on this, Alasdair says not to be such a chicken s@#t and just come clean!!!! It is raining here and we are cold wet and cranky!!!! Sides after what these guys put me thru this weekend, I think you owe me some satisfaction...if one more person calls me young and accomplised I think I will puke...I was thinking about not going to finals this year, but since you might be there, I might have to rethink that....Anyway, it isnt polite to keep a lady waiting..and before anyone says it yeah I know I aint no lady!

So, THIS is what a friend was talking about!!!

Charlie, that friend, one who knows Sam very well, asked me to tell you that if you need to gain advantage on Sam, "that Sam is a regular ho for gingersnaps."

Was watching one of Sam's runs this weekend, was really going well, but darn it, Sam blew the pen and ruined my chance to yell "But, she's so young!!"

Charlie, we need to keep this thing going -- if she's blowing easy pens cause she doesn't want to hear this over and over, then us wannabees have a much better chance of placing somewhere better than "Oh, was Colin even there???"

Maybe we should start a new yahoo group -- RazSam-L -- that would help us find new and creative ways to, well, raz Sam.

But, in reality, we don't need too much help in that -- Sam gives us all we need!

Hope the clinic is going great.

ccnnc aka "the Nutty Professor"

Ok Charlie my dear, you just got me some gas money to go north..lets finish this off...need that picture so I can collect the rest of my money!!!! I have you at about 6 feet and salt and pepper hair, trim, moustache??? I need that other 11 dollars....so ready to call a truce???? My buddies here are starting to feel sorry for you, me well, I just want my darned money! So fess up, we are heading north tonight and then I wont be back till April 10th and Marianna is taking her computer home...

Hey Nutty, want me to start on you next???? The all adult sheepherding site, I could get into that!

Bye Guys, I am off to miss more pens and embarrass myself further...see ya next week!

Let's see if I have this right....

1. You claim in an earlier thread that I'm your "hero", because I made some flippant comment about your age.

2. Next thing I know, you manage to get every handler on the East coast laughing at me. (Including Alasdair MacCrae. Great.)

3. Now I'm supposed to merrily cough up some photos just so you can earn some $$$ and travel to other sites to humiliate me?

4. I expect compensation first. You can either give me coupons for discounts on pups/trained dogs or you can just deposit directly via PayPal. What's your pleasure?

charlie "I got your ginger snaps right here." torre

Sam,

I think you may be in a bit of trouble. After some more internet stalking I have formed the opinion that Charlie has quite the sense of humor, one might even say odd. I'm not sure who I'd bet on in a knock-down drag-out mud-slingin one-upmanship war. I guess I'll do what I like best, stir the pot. :rolleyes:

Mark

Charlie: "I am not sure if your detective skills are 100%."

You may very well be right on this; however, you may also be trying to deceive and/or distract. You're certainly not above using such a tactic.

"....the name is not that uncommon."

On the internet it's about as common as my name; especially when associated with your first name. You may be happy to hear that yesterday I was informed I'll be getting tons of work to do with a short deadline; so my sleuthing will come to an end.

BTW, how dumb do you think we are; dumb as a "rock"?

Mark