BC Boards

Deaf BC lost after thunderstorm-North Carolina

Please read and share- A fellow flyball dog is in trouble. Kayla went missing 8/11/2010 from the 68/168 area in North Carolina. She is deaf and is not wearing a collar, she was recently shaved and is microchiped. Please print off the flyer and hang. You can call Kristie directly at 336-420-5765 or email her at missingkayla@godoggo.org.She is a member of the godoggo flyball team out of Raleigh.

Thank you so much for spreading the word,

Kat ( I hope I put this in the correct forum, I was wavering between this forum and the rescue forum :rolleyes:

Help Find Kayla!

Kayla went missing 8/11/2010 from the Stokesdale 68/158 area in North Carolina. She is deaf and is not wearing a collar, she was recently shaved and is microchiped. Please print off the flyer and hang. You can call Kristie directly at 336-420-5765 or email her at missingkayla@godoggo.org.

The poster to print for hanging Kaylas Flyer.

kayla2.jpg

kayla1.jpg

kayla3.jpg

I thought Kristie lost her yesterday?

One posting I saw said the 10th, & this one says the 11th, you are correct.I simply copied this posting as it included the link to print out the flyer :rolleyes:

I don't know them personally, the alert came from members of my flyball team.

Praying for a happy reunion

FWIW, this seems like a logical search service for lost dogs. Their website has a lot of testimonials:

https://www.findtoto.com/pet-found.html

I thought of the site too late after the last "lost deaf dog" posting, but it might be the thing to save a dog someday. Essentially, if you pay the company a fee, it does a "reverse 911" phone call in the diamater around the area where the dog was lost, leaving people a message on their phones telling them who to contact if they've seen the dog.

In my densely-populated area, this is the first thing I'm going to do if Buddy ever goes missing.

Mary

Kristie lost Kayla Tues during a storm. Kayla is not only deaf but also has a vestibular disease and is 13 yrs old I believe. There was a search party this evening which included a tracker. Kayla was tracked back to the woods near their house but there has not been any other sign of her.

Keep praying for Kayla to return home safely.

A couple weeks ago another dog in NC that plays flyball ran off during a storm and unfortunately there was not a happy ending. The woman who owned that dog had just lost her husband and the dog was his...

I am really hoping Kayla is found safely. The weather has been extremely hot.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL! You've outed me Laura. The stockdog stuff is all just a front to keep up appearances and keep people guessing about what I'm *really* doing on the "back 40." Kristi really did have it for my Phoebe, though, when she saw her speed at a Jack Knox clinic here. (Shhh...don't tell anyone, but one of my students is bringing some agility equipment here so I can play at it with a couple of my dogs right here at home--behind the barn where no one can see! Ha!)

J.

thanks for the update Julie.... I think you're the same Julie that everyone at Flyball (GoDogGo) always talks about (in a good way).... do you do Flyball?

Hey there Vickkers,

This past weekend we had the pleasure of Tanisha & Blaze from GoDogGo run with us on our open team ( Clean Break ) at the Flash Point tourney in York Pa. Tanisha is so sweet and I LOVED Blaze, that dog has the shiniest coat I have ever seen ! Tell them " hey " from Kat ( I was shagging balls for their team ).

I get so excited when I see an email notification of an update to this thread.

Prayers for Kayla and her humans :rolleyes:

Archived