BC Boards

Breed guesses?

Hey, it's been a long while. I'm still around lurking most the time and preparing for my own BC hopefully next year.

Anyways, this is my very good friend's dog, Lucky. He was adopted as a puppy from the local shelter (rural Texas) as a border collie mix. But he is very large and stout compared to most BCs I know. I am very bad at guessing weight. He's a great dog and I just adore him. Just a good old soul. He reminds me a lot of the collie dog I had when I was very young, but that doesn't help because I never knew what our collie was either.

I thought you guys might have some different opinions since you're more familiar with collie types than my other boards. They all say rough collie, but I just don't see it.

This is his face when he sees a squirrel:

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

Here he is standing:

IMG_0840.jpg

With my Mia:

lucky.jpg

lucky5.jpg

Thank you!

Thanks for the guesses guys! I could see pretty much any of those breeds in him. Whatever he is, he's a great boy.

And yes, he's a little bit chunky for sure, but he's also very very hairy, which makes him look bigger than he is.

He and Mia are two peas in a pod. Maybe he's just a giant Mia. This is both of their 'squirrel faces'

compare.jpg

And Mia is a cutie too, I am a softie for Paps!

I'm softie for paps too. We have 5. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the guesses guys! I could see pretty much any of those breeds in him. Whatever he is, he's a great boy.

And yes, he's a little bit chunky for sure, but he's also very very hairy, which makes him look bigger than he is.

He and Mia are two peas in a pod. Maybe he's just a giant Mia. This is both of their 'squirrel faces'

compare.jpg

I'm softie for paps too. We have 5. :rolleyes:

Heh...we only have 2. They are funny little monkeys, for sure!

"English shepherd" was the first thing I thought, though they're not all that common, which might argue against that guess. I wouldn't guess BCxAussie simply because sable isn't a common color in either of them. Rough collie or Sheltie x Aussie may be the most likely. Whatever - he's a cutie!

Archived