BC Boards

New here!

Hi ya'll, I'm new on the boards... I actually just adopted a bc from a local shelter and figured this would be a great place to find out more info on them.

Anyway, here's the new guy, Jesse.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/mrgu...er/Jesse003.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/mrgu...er/Jesse002.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/mrgu...er/Jesse001.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/mrgu...er/Jesse004.jpg

:rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to the boards! I thought Jesse looked familiar and thats because he was listed on our border collie rescue site as "Spades".

http://bcrescue.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8652

Thank you so much for rescuing. This is a great place to come for info. Jesse is very handsome. :rolleyes:

Oh..I wanted to add, if you use the "IMG" on photobucket to post pics instead of "http", the picture should appear on the post.

Welcome! He's a handsome boy, and I love those light eyes!

J.

Thanks! His eyes are crazy cool. I had never seen a bc with orange eyes before so I thought that was kinda neat.

I have a question... So I adopted him yesterday. The shelter that I got him from feeds Science diet... I dont care for science diet at all. Does anyone know of a good food for a border collie? That can help build weight. He's VERY under weight. All bones.

Hi and welcome to the boards! I thought Jesse looked familiar and thats because he was listed on our border collie rescue site as "Spades".

http://bcrescue.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8652

Thank you so much for rescuing. This is a great place to come for info. Jesse is very handsome. :rolleyes:

Oh..I wanted to add, if you use the "IMG" on photobucket to post pics instead of "http", the picture should appear on the post.

Thank you! I was trying to figure it out. I'll definately try the IMG.

Yup, He was spades... but the name just didnt fit right. Since he didnt know the name... I decided to name him Jesse. My BF has a bc names Daisy Duke... so he's Jesse Duke (from dukes of hazard) lol

Hello and Welcome to the boards!

Jesse is very handsome indeed. :rolleyes:

As far as food, if you use the search function for "food" or "diet" you should be able to find a mountain of discussions on both kibble and raw diets. Really what it boils down to is what food works for you dog and your budget!

Best of luck!

Hello and Welcome to the boards!

Jesse is very handsome indeed. :rolleyes:

As far as food, if you use the search function for "food" or "diet" you should be able to find a mountain of discussions on both kibble and raw diets. Really what it boils down to is what food works for you dog and your budget!

Best of luck!

Thank you! I'll do a search!

YAY! Spades made it out. :rolleyes: I was keeping my eye on him. Such a gorgeous dog. Thank you for rescuing him and welcome to the board.

Yeah, I'd switch foods, too. Right now I'm feeding mine Natural Balance. I also feed Natura products (Healthwise, most recently), but then again, Proctor & Gamble just bought the company so I don't know how I feel about recommending their foods anymore. Solid Gold is good, Orijen is good (pricey!). I just look for premium foods made with quality ingredients.

How much does he weigh now?

YAY! Spades made it out. :rolleyes: I was keeping my eye on him. Such a gorgeous dog. Thank you for rescuing him and welcome to the board.

Yeah, I'd switch foods, too. Right now I'm feeding mine Natural Balance. I also feed Natura products (Healthwise, most recently), but then again, Proctor & Gamble just bought the company so I don't know how I feel about recommending their foods anymore. Solid Gold is good, Orijen is good (pricey!). I just look for premium foods made with quality ingredients.

How much does he weigh now?

My bf uses Solid Gold for his picky bc. Right now, we feed Eukaneuba (sp?) for my German shepherd's sensitive skin. I'll look around and see. I've heard of the natural balance foods.

They said he weighs aroun 39 lbs... but I doubt it. A friends dog weight 43lb and feels a good 10lbs heavier.

Are you aware of the Eukanuba recall? I don't know the details, but I think their sensitive skin formula was one that was recalled.

J.

I actually did yesterday. I'm stopping by petsmart today to find out if i need to return my food or not.

Thank you!

Welcome and congrats! You are right near my neck of the woods! I, too, was keeping my eye on him in case I needed to head up there to evaluate him. I'm so glad he made it out. :D We live in a great area for training with tons of facilities offering agility, dock diving, Frisbee, etc. Too many options if you ask the check book :rolleyes:

Eukanuba Sensitive Skin and Naturally Wild just got recalled. I feed all of my dogs Blue Buffalo Fish and Sweat Potato mixed with a little Kirklands to help the bag go further. I love the results and got it specifically because my golden x is allergic to just about everything under the sun. Since she's been on it, her itching has cut down dramatically. Not to mention all their coats are so nice now.

Thanks so much for rescuing this gorgeous boy. Have fun!

Welcome to the boards! What a handsome and lucky boy you have - thank you for rescuing. It looks like he's already playing with his water and getting along with your GSD.

Thanks ya'll! I'm the lucky one here. It seems like he's getting better and better by the minute. He's getting acclimated to being in the house (he's a natural born couch potato... so he fits right in with the rest of our spoiled brats lol) He's learning his name fast. He knows sit/down and is learning come. I'm so happy he's turning out well. He's starting to WANT to get into the truck for car rides. (Before he was terrified of it... he's a chicken) Now he falls fast asleep with the A/C blowing on him. lol (He had to get over it eventually... he's gotta be socialized)

Welcome and congrats! You are right near my neck of the woods! I, too, was keeping my eye on him in case I needed to head up there to evaluate him. I'm so glad he made it out. :D We live in a great area for training with tons of facilities offering agility, dock diving, Frisbee, etc. Too many options if you ask the check book :rolleyes:

Eukanuba Sensitive Skin and Naturally Wild just got recalled. I feed all of my dogs Blue Buffalo Fish and Sweat Potato mixed with a little Kirklands to help the bag go further. I love the results and got it specifically because my golden x is allergic to just about everything under the sun. Since she's been on it, her itching has cut down dramatically. Not to mention all their coats are so nice now.

Thanks so much for rescuing this gorgeous boy. Have fun!

I'm stoked about what kinda activity I can get him into. So far, he doesnt give two bits about tennis balls ... but he seems to love frisbees. He doesnt know to bring it back yet, but he loves to chase them. I'd love to try agility. Wills Park is about a 15 min drive from me and I know they have some agility stuff there. Might be neat to learn more about.

I'm excited to say the least!

Thanks again y'all!!!!

Welcome to the boards! What a handsome and lucky boy you have - thank you for rescuing. It looks like he's already playing with his water and getting along with your GSD.

They absolutely love each other!

... and apperantly... he loves to chew socks...

I'm off to rescue an unexpecting sock from the jaws of doom...

Thanks y'all!

Jesse is beautiful! Welcome aboard.

My two border collies are getting Kirkland's Premium Lamb and Rice plus a daily splat of fish oil, and they seem to be doing fine. I used to feed Natural Balance, but I'm not seeing any difference with the much cheaper Kirkland's.

Thanks y'all!!! I've been taking him EVERYWHERE with me. He's such a joy! He's now getting in the truck on his own... :rolleyes: He's able to come off the leash more and he's learning his name. Whata smart cookie! His laid back side is really coming out. He loves his afternoon naps... over the a/c vent. lol

...and he LOVES his kiddy pool... lol

Jesse016.jpg

Jesse017.jpg

Jesse018.jpg

Jesse015.jpg

And he loves running with my gsd... (dont let this picture fool you... I think he just lets her run ahead so she feels special. He's a little speed racer)

Jesse014.jpg

Archived