BC Boards

Is Grace a lemon brain?

Some dogs dont like to see other dogs in distress. I'm never quite sure of their thought process but, the incident with the bench is something we always have to be alert for at the rescue. A caught distressed dog will always bring an attacker.

Case in point. We have an unsocialized cairn born to a puppy mill. When I try to handle her she becomes so upset she poops. The other day I thought it was a good idea to try to just sit down holding her calmly with out touching her. The problem was She started to fight badly trying to pick her up and squeeling. In comes 2 house dogs who start growling and nipping her. So much for a calm moment. I almost feel like they need to control the noise and make it stop.

Such a story. I have some dogs that really don't like each other, well it's really they are afraid of Mick. Mick is a door troll and sometimes a kitchen troll. My 2 seniors won't go out if he's out, won't come in the kitchen if he's in it. I'm sure there are triggers but I sure don't see them all the time. I just know there are special rules that Mick has and if not followed he will "grump" them (it's what we call his little outbursts) He isn't really out for blood but that's only because they are seniors and scarred to death so they just roll over and scream.

I'm really blessed that I can be home to have tight management but if I ever get a job that takes me out of the house more I konw things will have to change.

I totally understand about why you feel little Gracie needs her special place. I could really never make mine live outside. It's one thing to bring an outside dog in but a total nother thing to put an inside dog out. I've often wondered how I would truely know them if they had to live outside. You know the stupid stuff that only happens cause we live with them 24/7. I would miss the interaction terribly, probably more than them. Heck if Dew chooses to buddy up with my son or his freind who lives here I miss her. Wich is really funny cause having a dog on you 24/7 can get old too. Dammed if you do dammed if you don't.

I'm sure if you keep your eyes and ears open you'll find her perfect place.

Archived