BC Boards

BC mix or just smooth?

At 9 months I would expect to see more of a chest on a border collie, especially a male. They tend to only be tube-shaped for the first few months. That dog has like no chest at all, which makes me think mix ... otherwise, he looks like a border collie. Although he has a pretty thick neck for a dog with a tiny head.

RDM

RDM and I posted at about the same time. Her "tube-shaped" comment is exactly why I was asking whether you were certain as to his age. If he is all Border collie, he definitely looks younger (to me) than nine months.

By nine months my Border collies have all looked (to the uninitiated) as if they were adult dogs - just a bit thinner (mostly visible when viewed from the front), with coats that hadn't necessarily fully grown in, and chests that weren't quite as deep as they'd eventually get. The deep chests were something that was pretty noticeable by, say six months?

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about him that screams "terrier" to me.

Probably those tulip fox terrier ears in the first pic. I'm dog sitting a former rescue dog who is a rough coat, purebred and his ears are very similar. If what we're seeing by the photos, if it were indeed a 9 month dog, I'd suspect something else in there as well, but I'd say he's a purebred border collie, younger than 9 months. Maybe something terrier about him might actually be something still puppyish.

I'd love to see him on livestock.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about him that screams "terrier" to me.

I tend to agree with this. I look at the profile, and his head shape reminds me a lot of a fox terrier. Even the first pic, his head is more rounded like that of a terrier.

Could just be that he is younger than 9 months also.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking, too. Although, he doesn't look evil, so....... :rolleyes:

Mick hid his evilness in the photos I got of him as a puppy. He looked like a cute little puppy playing with his frisbee out in his run.

Little did I know...

he's as sweet as soda pop! put him under dogs we can't stop looking at! makes me wish i was closer. (and glad i'm not, as i'm at my dog limit for awhile.)

Archived