BC Boards

I am now officially a trialer

At a recent trial, on our first run of the weekend (I say this, because our 2nd run was much better), I retired, and was collecting my dog near the judge's trailer, and I stated "I am so light headed". To whit, the judge replied "it's because you did so much exhaling". Now, THAT was funny. Pitiful, but true, and funny in an odd way.

Ben

Congratulations on stepping up to the post...and knowing when to leave.

Lacamas will be running lambs.....they should be a little heavier and not very smart (I say that with the greatest respect.....I really liked the Anderson lambs last year). They will lean on a dog because they really don't know to respect a dog. They can also be splitty and won't have a leader.

Focus on the lessons learned at Whidbey....stopping your dog, pace etc.

See you there.

Elizabeth

Lacamas will be running lambs.....they should be a little heavier and not very smart (I say that with the greatest respect.....I really liked the Anderson lambs last year). They will lean on a dog because they really don't know to respect a dog. They can also be splitty and won't have a leader.

Oh, now this I like! Just our type of sheep :rolleyes: Of course, today Nick forgot what "come bye!" meant. It's never the same with these dogs, is it? :D

Hi Ben,

It was a pleasure to finally meet you and hang out. Susan's sheep are well known for their wily ways and they trigger every button in a good working dog like Nick. My Open dog, Blair had a tough time with them too; getting the lowest score of the day on Sat. and retiring on Sun. :-) Lacamas sheep will be completely different and tough in a different way.

cheers Lani

Archived