BC Boards

A new idea for a crook!!

Amy

How do you northern guys do it??

It was 28 here this morning with a wind chill of 16.

But being a confirmed herding nazis I decided to head out and do some training. Seems I am the only wimp here..The dogs loved it and the sheep..well I thought they were wearing pogo sticks the way they kept jumping up and down.

On the walk back, which had us walking into that north wind, I came up with a great idea..how about a crook that was hollow and would hold a little flask..You know just something for "medicinal purposes" to warm you up when working sheep on cold days..

Any takers?

The skiers figured this one out a long time ago. You could probably convert a ski pole into a makeshift stick. Ski poles are hollow, so drill a hole in the top of the handle, fill with your beverage of choice (high proof won't freeze) and stick a plug/cork in it.

Elizabeth :eek:

Mine don't have alcohol in it but I did kinda make somewhat of a working crook out of a piece of 1 inch cpvc pipe. What makes this one work so well on pups is I took a rubber plug that fit tight in the hole and pushed it up in the pipe about 12 inches then I placed what used to be a nickle pack of bb's in it and then put another stopper in the bottom and padded the end and ducked taped it. What I have is a rattle in the bottom of my crook. If I need to I can raddle it and push my pups back out it seem to work as good as the plastic drink bottles filled with little rocks and I don't have to go pick one up everytime i need one. Just an Idea I thought might be of help. It also makes more noise when I am tapping it on the grown too which keeps my dogs from comming in too close.