BC Boards

2 years old...getting sassy, talk backy

Bess is now just over 2 years old, and I have noticed she talks back at me. Or gives an unasked for opinion... if I sit and don't do something she thinks she wants... harmph...yip. If my spouse reads then closes his eyes in the mornings, bark. When I go into the bedroom, close the door to insure she remembers she is not allowed in the cat sanctuary...bark.

Is this still adolescence? Is she just voicing her difference of opinion, or do I need to take a firmer hand with her about back talking?

(geez... I knew and understood my boys better than this...girls are foreign...and dogs a mystery!)

Are you sure she is throwing you attitude, or is she just trying to communicate?

I have a back talker. I think he is just trying to communicate with me, and not necissarily sass. Every time I dry my hair he is tries very hard to get some point across to me, but I have no clue what it is. :rolleyes: The hair dryer isn't really stressing him, he just has some comment about it that I never understand. He winds up sighing like I'm an idiot and walking away. When things go off patern he will bark to tell me I'm not doing whatever I am doing the way he thinks I should. Once again, I think he is just trying to tell me he feels I forgot something. :D

Are you sure she is throwing you attitude, or is she just trying to communicate?

I have a back talker. I think he is just trying to communicate with me, and not necissarily sass. Every time I dry my hair he is tries very hard to get some point across to me, but I have no clue what it is. :rolleyes: The hair dryer isn't really stressing him, he just has some comment about it that I never understand. He winds up sighing like I'm an idiot and walking away.

I do certain things before leaving the house for work -- i.e shower, do hair., wear certain clothes -- the dogs know that the "work wardrobe" means the can't go, but if I just drag on a pair of jeans and run a brush through my hair there's every hope they can go for a ride :D.

My first 2 dogs both gave me back talk, and as long as they followed my instructions I enjoyed their attitude, you do not have to agree with humans just do what they say :rolleyes:

My first Border Collie had a whole vocabularly of different sounds for different occassions, some times I think he was just communicating, others he wanted something, and on some he was just bitching.

Sometimes I get involved in doing photography stuff and suddenly realize the dog hasn't been out for a pee for a few hours. I will turn to her and say "Sugar, do you need to pee?" If she really, really does she will jump in the air, come down in something like a play bow and give a growly little "Woof!" I translate that as, "Do you think?!"

Geesh... she's getting more like her human "mama" everyday... um... I am sure DH likes spunk or he wouldn't have married it... so I suppose he can put up with 2 of us that way.

Archived