BC Boards

does anyone know.....

I am trying to track down a BC movie that was on last night, the tV guide said "you lucky dog" but that obviously was not the movie that aired as thats a '98 comedy and this was a '09 drama lol. its about a lady that moves back to her small town and after seeing a good working dog(a lovley prominant Tri called "Spark") and trying to herd her brothers flock of sheep herself, figers they should get a dog..she rescues a "failed" sheepdog that Sparks owner dropped at the shelter, calls her "Lucky" and trains her for the farm and a stockdog trial..in between Lucky rescues a bunch of kids from a forest fire..... not the greatest acting and all the "lucky, go herd!!" and "we should get a herder" will drive you batty, and the sheepdog trial at the end has the easiest to pen sheep I have ever seen in my life, however ommitting the details I did like the movie and I want to know what movie it was! had anyone run across it? I did a search but I couldnt find a darn thing

Is this the movie? http://www.tv.com/family-gathering/show/77801/summary.html

I am trying to track down a BC movie that was on last night, the tV guide said "you lucky dog" but that obviously was not the movie that aired as thats a '98 comedy and this was a '09 drama lol. its about a lady that moves back to her small town and after seeing a good working dog(a lovley prominant Tri called "Spark") and trying to herd her brothers flock of sheep herself, figers they should get a dog..she rescues a "failed" sheepdog that Sparks owner dropped at the shelter, calls her "Lucky" and trains her for the farm and a stockdog trial..in between Lucky rescues a bunch of kids from a forest fire..... not the greatest acting and all the "lucky, go herd!!" and "we should get a herder" will drive you batty, and the sheepdog trial at the end has the easiest to pen sheep I have ever seen in my life, however ommitting the details I did like the movie and I want to know what movie it was! had anyone run across it? I did a search but I couldnt find a darn thing

I didn't get to see it, but I think I know the one you're talking about. If it's the one I think, my friend's dogs were in it. I remember at the time of filming all the talk about "commands" being given. Were they also saying things like "away from me" and "come around"?

haha yes some of the commands had me scratching my head wondering "did they just say that?", and the amount of times they said "Herders" about drove me insane. some of the moments in the stockdog trial were just wierd..why on earth they even thought Lucky would win after she did a mad chase and split of all her perfectly tame sheep during her final run is beyond me. and I cant say I recall ever seeing a stockdog trial in which every last dog penned all the sheep in under 3 seconds lol. it really was a decent BC movie if you overlook details regaurding sheepdogs lol, at least they showed a nice variety of tris, saddlebacks, spit faces, freckles, white factors, rough and smooth coats etc.. and called them all border collies lol

I just heard it will be on again tonight at 8 and 11 on Showcase. I don't think I get Showcase :rolleyes: I wanted to see it since I know some of the dogs in it.

Sounds like my kind of movie :D My newest favorite is Snow Dogs and the part where Nana (the BC) become lead sled dog over all those huskies hehehehe :D

Tim

I love Snow Dogs! Nana melts my heart every time!! Actually, I think that she did a better acting job than Cuba Gooding did! Lol! :rolleyes:

I also loved Nana in "Snow Dogs". Another favorite movie BC was in "The Day After Tomorrow"; in that movie, the BC was owned by a homelss man (I don't think that it even had a name in the movie), and was one of the few living creatures in NYC to survive the catastrophe. It is probably a sign of my warped character that I watched millions of humans wiped out with relative indifference, but seeing the dog survive brought a lump to my throat...

lol I just saw it again on showcase and I listend to the commands more closely..they mostly said "away" but I did catch them say "away from me"! they also said "come away" instead of "come by".

I think though the biggest thing that annoyed me was they when they did heavy training and trialed Lucky, she was INJURED. but they didnt stop because "she wanted to work the sheep" well duh, she's a BC, doesnt mean you should be heavily working a dog with a badly burned leg! she still had the bandage on in the trial and in between runs they had to check for swelling. the brother was the only one with a brain in his head when he kept objecting to running an injured dog.

Archived