BC Boards

A "slobber tray" for under Cerbie's bowl?

We have wood floors in our kitchen where Cerbie gets fed and I was wondering if anyone could suggest something that could be used for a "slobber tray". Two X three feet would be nice. He's a messy drinker and when I make him sit while I put down his food, he drools like Pavlov's dog on steroids.

We could move his bowl but have a small house with few options.

We have wood floors in our kitchen where Cerbie gets fed and was wondering if anyone could suggest something that could be used for a "slobber tray". Two X three feet would be nice. He's a messy drinker and when I make him sit while I put down his food, he drools like Pavlov's dog on steroids.

We could move his bowl but have a small house with few options.

I used to put a towel down under the water bowl because Daisy was such a messy drinker. Now that I have two dogs, they are fed and watered in their crates, which also solves the problem.

I used to put a towel down under the water bowl because Daisy was such a messy drinker. Now that I have two dogs, they are fed and watered in their crates, which also solves the problem.

We already have a rug...but that just holds the water and keeps it from evaporating.

I got a rubber mat with a lip (so spills are contained) in the dog section of Target to put under the water bowl.

The dogs weren't making the mess - I was. I have one of those 2 1/2 gallon waterers that look like the water coolers you see in offices, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to invert the thing after filling without spilling a certain amount.

I got a rubber mat with a lip (so spills are contained) in the dog section of Target to put under the water bowl.

The dogs weren't making the mess - I was. I have one of those 2 1/2 gallon waterers that look like the water coolers you see in offices, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to invert the thing after filling without spilling a certain amount.

LOL, I thought I was the only one with that problem.

I use cheapo rubber backed bathmats and throw them in the washer with regularity. I scope Big Lots for them.

We use car floor mats under the bowls, they come with lips, the brown sort of blends with the hardwood and are inexpensive.

One of my first thoughts was "slush mats" for cars and I've also seen those types of mats for home entryways. Unfortunately we live in Phoenix AZ where it barely rains, much less snows, so no one carries them. Time to hit Ikea.

Two of my three dogs have holes in their lips - the only explaination for how much water they trail after drinking. I use two things - a thin door mat- made for when you come in from the rain - big and pretty cheap. Then I have put down a runner (their bowls are between two counters) that I can just throw in the laundry (where it is as I type).

Two of my three dogs have holes in their lips - the only explaination for how much water they trail after drinking. I use two things - a thin door mat- made for when you come in from the rain - big and pretty cheap. Then I have put down a runner (their bowls are between two counters) that I can just throw in the laundry (where it is as I type).

Man, that is SO Cerbie. It takes about a day for the kitchen floor to look like something out of one of the "Alien" flicks.

Two of my three dogs have holes in their lips - the only explaination for how much water they trail after drinking.

Senneca is a dainty drinker, but Rhys bach has a drinking technique where you can watch the gush of water from either side of his mouth as he drinks. When he arrived, I was suddenly filling the water dispenser two or three times a frequently as before. Fortunately, it's placed in a tiled area, so I just have to mop up the flood and everything is fine. I tried a plastic mat with lip, but it just didn't help -- you still have to wash and clean it plus the water that still reached the floor.

Archived