BC Boards

Where does your BC sleep?

Oh, let's see -- sometimes Allie sleeps on our bed, sometimes under our bed, sometimes on her bed (which is by our bed), or quite often she sleeps on my son's lower bunk bed (even if it is already inhabited by one of my son's friends). She keeps moving all of her toys from her toy box to the bunk bed for some reason. Occasionally, she even sleeps in the crate. She usually sleeps very well and is very still and quiet, but the "on" switch flips if anyone gets up to use the facilities in the middle of night and she wants to go outside.

She is also very partial to pillows and always wants one for her head.

My favorite sleeping post is Dhu for sleeping in the bathtub!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Allie Oop:

My favorite sleeping post is Dhu for sleeping in the bathtub!

Dhu says "thank you very much." When I brought her home (she was 3 years old), she went straight to the bathtub in the guest bathroom. I figured she went there to feel safe, and I saw no harm in letting her sleep there. That's still her favorite place to sleep, but she'll pick a warmer spot on a cold night.

Dhu has a collection of chewies and odds and ends, and she also eats in the tub. At night, I sometimes hear her rearranging her collection. One time, she took Jim's wallet and checkbook into the tub. They were lost for 5 days. :eek:

She's a funny little dog!

Daisy has had the run of the house since she was 8 weeks old ! We are past the chewing stage now thank god but she comes upstairs on a night time with us as her bed is on the floor on my side of the bed. She has this thing of going round to my hubbys side first thing on a morning and sticking her cold nose in his face to wake him up!!

We used to let her sleep on the bed with us but neither of us get any sleep as she is the biggest bed hogger ever! Oh and she snores !!

June, Bree and Ginger sleep in their crates. A few weeks ago I tried to start letting them all sleep out of their crates, and it was a fiasco. I gave Zippy's dog bed to Ginger, and surprisingly she stayed on it most of the night. June slept on the couch until about 3am, where she kept coming into the bedroom and shaking her ears. Bree slept under the bed (along with her collection of socks and partially chewed junk mail), but kept coming out to make racket and wander around the house - so they've all been banished (at least Bree, anyway) back to their crates once again.

Zippy sleeps on a dog bed next to my side of the bed. After I gave his bed to Ginger he got a new poofy bed... but it kept throwing him in the floor. So now he has one of those teenie snuggly beds with the sides.

I'm a light enough sleeper that the dogs moving around the house at night keeps me up, and then I become evil Laura. Nobody wants to live with evil Laura.

Both my Boys have their own beds in the front part of the house:

NewBed.jpg

(Kali in his nice, new, comfy bed. His brother Snorri has a plastic bed)

Snorri-dog is epileptic (but under very good control), but occasionally, if he has had an attack, we clean him up and let him share with us. It's a bit of a risk, if he has another "turn", but at least we're there to take any action that might be necessary.

Both dogs have a habit of getting down between us and dragging the duvet into the middle of the bed, leaving us with our a***s hanging out in the cold :eek: :eek: (Not a pretty sight!), which is why they were excluded from nearly the start!

Now that he's in his later years, Kali gets to come and snooze on the bed if I have a lie-in. It's a bit of our "quality time", and I reckon that a bit of spoiling now that he's old isn't all that bad; in fact, I think that the older he gets, the more important it is to make him feel that he is loved.

Snorri

:rolleyes:

When we have a puppy, it sleeps in a crate in the bedroom until old enough to be trusted not to get into things while we sleep (8-12 mos. usually). Skye usually sleeps in my room, either on the bed, her bed, or the floor. Bunny usually sleeps in my youngest son's room on his bed - she will always choose the bed because she is a major snuggler. Laura sleeps in my oldest son's room in her bed, but sometimes on his bed. Kerri sleeps in my oldest son's room, but prefers her crate. Kael also usually sleeps in my oldest son's room - usually on the bed. Sometimes the dogs get changed around - just kind of depends on the evening and who they decide to go with. I've had Skye, Bunny and Kael all sleep on the bed with me, but I end up pinned in the middle with Skye and Bunny on either side and Kael sleeping next to my head with his head laying over my neck. Not the most comfortable arrangement :rolleyes:

All dogs sleep in our bedroom. We have just enough floor space for one more dog, but hubby says no. Roxanne sleeps in her donut bed, near me, under a down comforter. Rikki starts out in her donut bed, also near me, then sleeps on the floor at the foot of the bed with her head underneath! I guess if she can't see us, we can't see her. Sometimes, when she's nervous she sleeps beside the dresser in a small little hidey hole. Shelby sleeps in her crate. She was evicted from the bed because she thought it was HER BED and nipped me one night when I moved her. Robbie sleeps in a crate or he would be bouncing all over us all night. We have just enough room to walk around the bed and to the closet, but I really could fit another crate/bed in there. Really!

Sammi sleeps on her bed in one corner of my bedroom. Her favorite position is on her side, facing the wall, with at least 2 feet propped up ON the wall, so she can make those wonderful little tapping/scritchy noises when she has a dream. Drives me nuts.

Shoshone starts out on her bed in a corner of the closet and then migrates to Buzz's bed. Buzz starts out on his bed, then jumps up onto my bed after being asked. He sleeps at least part of the night pressed up against my back, and is very good natured on the nights that I toss and turn.

Hubby, who is 6'5" and 220 lbs, complains at least once a week that our 11 lb AngelKitty steals his blankets and pushes him off the bed.

Ruth n the BC3

Cheyenne has always slept with us, but it is just depending on her mood. Jackson started out sleeping on the pillow above my head. The big lug still thinks he fits there! Jeanne, I had to grin when I read what Kael does, that is what Jackson will do when he decides he can't fit on my head! Eventually he will migrate down to sleep up against my back. Since I am a side sleeper this feels great, so naturally he stays there just long enough for me to really like it! Then he goes to the floor at the end of the bed or beside me. They never sleep anywhere else or with anyone else. I like that but don't let them know! When DH is home they tend to sleep more on the bed and for longer periods. DH says it's cuz they miss him. Naturally I say it's cuz they love me best and don't wanna share me! The Sammy cat sleeps on the bed when the mood strikes. Before we got Jackson, he would crawl under the covers in winter and Cheyenne always was careful not to step on him. Since getting Jackson, he doesn't do that anymore,,,,wonder why? Oh, yeah, cuz Jackson don't care WHO he steps on!

Pegasus runs for the bed when he thinks I'm going to bed and trys to stake out the middle with his head on the pillow or laying across the pillows. He thinks it's play time or wants it to be play time, after I get in he will lay along side me or jump off and go get one of his toys/balls untill the lights go out then he lays against my leg on his back. When I'm either asleep or he thinks I'm asleep he will go on the floor in the hall, you have to step over him to get by him if your going somewhere he wants to know about it. Started having to use night lights because my dad who lives with me and gets up when its dark is scared he might step on Pegasus because Pegasus will sleep in front of his bedroom door every once in a while. Also in the morning there is no telling what I might find in bed with me chew toys, balls rawhide bones even a morrow bone. And if he has been scared like when he was attacked durring our walks he stays right up against me all through the night. He has full run of the house except for my dads bedroom an bathroom. I never new about useing a crate for a dog inside the house untill after I got Pegasus other then for hunting dogs being transported.

Tom an Pegasus

The dogs sleep in the bedroom - door gets closed at night, or else things would get destroyed while we slept. Sometimes they choose to sleep in their crates, sometimes on the floor, and often we wake up to find that we can't move because we have a 110lb german shepherd weight across our legs. Zoe especially has the same habit as snorri's dogs - sleeping in between us, so I wake up freezing with the blankets not covering all of me. I don't mind the dogs sleeping on the bed if I'm asleep and/or they're not in my way - but if I wake up and they're in my way I tell them to get off so I can once again get blood flow to my feet.

But I must say, the best sleep I get is when hubby's at work and the two dogs take over his side of the bed. At least THEY don't snore, and they take up less room - even the shepherd. And, they move when I tell them to. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Lunar:

so I wake up freezing with the blankets not covering all of me.

That's why I use a sleeping bag, and a heating matress :rolleyes: (though according to Kessie, the latter is for her). I don't even wake up anymore during the nightly shoving matches.

Well, Riven sleeps on my side generally. I sleep on my side, and she usually lays in front of me on her side. But there are those rare occasions when she decides to sleep on feet, in corners, next to the wall.. whatever lol Now its turned into my husband wants the covers, im covered and baking hot cause im in the middle(so I want uncovered), and Riven is laying on all the covers.. :rolleyes: .. I am generally the one who wakes up and has to fix everyone lmao. Cause if I dont, the hubby pulls the covers and pretty much pulls Riven in her dead sleep on top of me :D

Our dog sleeps in her kennel. She likes to think she should be in the bed but she never gets comfortable so she's constantly spinning around and tossing and turning and keeping me awake so I send her off the bed and into the kennel so I can finally get some sleep.

Jack will start off usually cuddled up next to the husband. At some point he'll move into the living room where he'll sleep on the couch, or onto his dog bed at the foot of our bed. If the husband has to get up before I do, Jack will come back onto the bed for cuddle time with me, and then move back onto the couch.

I think he feels a need to patrol while we're sleeping-when we first moved into our apartment and didn't have our bed moved yet (we slept on the floor for about a week), he literally paced the apartment all night trying to keep an eye on things.

I have a futon, aka the world's biggest dog bed. Turbo usually sleeps on his bed right next to my pillow, unless it is really cold, at which point he gets on the futon--he also sleeps on the futon during the day when I'm at work. Merlin usually starts off on his bed, at the foot of the futon, and moves onto my bed when he thinks I'm asleep.

On warm nights, Turbo will occasionally go downstairs and sleep on the leather couch, or go into the bathroom and sleep on the tile floor (cooler, I think). In the morning when I get up to shower, he inevitably moves onto the bed where I've been sleeping.

Lucy will sleep curled up next to me

i once had house guests over and they woke up early and peaked into my room Lucy and i were face to face and she had her snout resting on my cheek. Mikey usually sleep by my feet. If they feel there is not enough room they make me sleep on the floor