BC Boards

Need your good thoughts and mojo for Lexi

Thanks all...really appreciate all the good thoughts. Here's the low down:

Last seizure was at 5am this morning, IV Valium helped calm her down. Since late morning/early afternoon she's been tired but happy, and is eating like she has been since we picked her up.

She'll spend one more night at the hospital and we'll get her sometime tomorrow am.

I'm not the dramatic type, but last night was one of the worse things I've ever seen an animal go through, I hope-like humans-she had no idea what was going on.

She was in two foster homes before coming to the farm then to us and there is no history of seizure with her....let's hope this isn't a regular occurrence.

She's going to be on seizure meds till further notice.

We did stop at PetSmart while running errands this evening an got her a new pink tennis ball for when we pick her up :rolleyes:

Thanks again all!

Tim

We did stop at PetSmart while running errands this evening an got her a new pink tennis ball for when we pick her up :rolleyes:

Lead poisoning has been linked to seizures and many of the tennis balls made specifically for dogs can contain lead. Ironically enough, the tennis balls made for humans rarely contain lead.

http://www.healthystuff.org/departments/pe...=Tennis%20Balls

Lead poisoning has been linked to seizures and many of the tennis balls made specifically for dogs can contain lead. Ironically enough, the tennis balls made for humans rarely contain lead.

http://www.healthystuff.org/departments/pe...=Tennis%20Balls

A friend of mine had a border collie year's ago that starting having grand mal siezures that wouldn't stop. We took him to the vet school in Columbia. The head of Neurology came out to talk to us. He kept asking if there was any way that dog had been exposed to lead. He had been out on the trial circuit with a handler so there was no way of knowing.

Glad to hear Lexi is doing better. I know how scary a seizure can be and there's a lot of posting about possible causes. Unfortunately, even w/testing, it's not always possible to determine a specific cause. It can be something as minor as low blood sugar to toxic exposure to an organic problem. Hope she continues to do well without any further occurrence of seizures. Fortunately, she's with someone who will provide her with proper care.

Archived