BC Boards

Dally and Genie are lost

Checking one last time before going to bed. Hoping to read good news in the morning!!

Still no word and it's 1 am on Sat morning. I got out tonight drove around a bit. Put up flyers, talked with people working in my local stores who will pass on info. I took pics to the closest gated community booth. I will send them to grocery stores tomorrow. Our local post office is hugely busy tomorrow esp after everyone was snowed in the last 2 days. I am keeping hope as most dogs that dont find their way home are elderly and my dogs are still 5 and 7ish and really fit. They spend alot of time outdoors normally during the day so they are adapted to the weather.

I hope when I get home from work tomorrow night at midnight there is good news. Or at least a sighting and info.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely everything crossed for the safe return of your pups. My Wick was missing for 7 days, and there were times when I thought there's no way she can still be alive. Where she was and what she was doing, she's never told me, but she was found, and I pray that yours will be too (and hopefully it won't take 7 days!).

Still praying.

Please make a stop and the AC. sometimes they just don't check out the dogs they really have when you call, to busy or whatever, I'd just not want to miss them if they were there.

I'm still holding on to the fact there's 2 of them, they just can't poof into thin air. They are out there...just finding them is the tuff part.

hugs to you and prayers to all

The update for tonight is disappointing unless you are the elderly lost border colie that my dad found wandering blocks away from his home and returned him. Yes we hoped it was genie but, sadly it wasnt. I drove around tonight surveying spots they could be taking shelter and there are so many that it's hard to believe. I dont want to give up hope but, it sure is tough.

The update for tonight is disappointing unless you are the elderly lost border colie that my dad found wandering blocks away from his home and returned him. Yes we hoped it was genie but, sadly it wasn't. I drove around tonight surveying spots they could be taking shelter and there are so many that it's hard to believe. I dont want to give up hope but, it sure is tough.

Keep positive...as you said, there's lots of places they could be. Just as you found that lost dog and returned him, someone else is sheltering yours. The area is just getting back to normal after the snowstorm. There may well be a call to a local animal shelter on Monday.

Just a thought, but this might make a news item for one of the TV stations, as you are so involved in rescue yourself. It's a "twist" that might pique a reporter's interest...

Liz

Just a thought, but this might make a news item for one of the TV stations, as you are so involved in rescue yourself. It's a "twist" that might pique a reporter's interest...

Liz

I agree with this. TV reaches a lot of people and even if a person watching might not actually have them, they might notice that a neighbor has a couple of new dogs or that they have seen these dogs somewhere. And it's something that will catch a lot of viewers' attention.

OMG, I thought for sure I would wake up this morning to good news. Don't lose hope! We are all behind you!!

Definitely contact the local news!!! The worst that can happen is that they pass on this.

Did you talk to your mail carrier and ask that they pass the info along to other mail carriers? I wish I could come there and help you search.

Hang on

Jennifer

:rolleyes: I keep hoping when I check back there's some good news.... I just can't begin to imagine how worried and scared for your pups you must be.... keeping you Dally and Genie in my thoughts and prayers for a reunion soon and that they are safe and sound!!!

:rolleyes: I keep hoping when I check back there's some good news.... I just can't begin to imagine how worried and scared for your pups you must be.... keeping you Dally and Genie in my thoughts and prayers for a reunion soon and that they are safe and sound!!!

We are too. (((hugs)))

They will be in my prayers for a safe return...

Thanks everyone still no news. I am off to hit grocery stores, agway and I'm going to contact the dog law supervisor I know to see if she might know anything else. I am so losing faith as I know there are real dangers for them around here. I just dont understand why after all these years they chose to leave.

I'm so sorry they haven't returned home yet. Still praying for a happy ending! Does seem strange that they would both leave after all these years. Someone has to know something.

Archived