BC Boards

Ralph Pulfer's Tweed

Hi, Diane:

I can't provide you with any photos of Tweed, but I can describe the dog for you, since I always thought he was cool-looking. He was actually a white dog and a tri (his head was quite brown), but he was so mottled that he appeared to be gray. He was a rough-coat, and his head was quite broad. Some people would probably think he was really ugly, but I always liked him. (Then again, as everyone knows I'm a little partial to white dogs!) He appeared to be a tough, powerful dog, hard to hang on to. I know that Ralph liked Tweed a lot, and he was much admired by other handlers. I'm not sure about his exact trial record, but the two of them certainly did well together. He was Ralph's nursery dog (I think I saw him for the first time in the 1999 Virginia finals), and I believe they worked together until Ralph died.

Ralph and Tweed were 3rd in the 2000 Finals in Oklahoma, and 12th in 2003 in Sturgis. They had plenty of success on the trial field beyond that as well. There was a YouTube video floating around out there of their run at Sturgis, I believe.

Amy

• 9 years later...