BC Boards

Need Help With Names

I am completely stumped. We have a new rescue I have a feeling isn't really a rescue and is destined to stay. She is a 7 year old Border Collie. She is small (15kgs) and was used as a cattle dog on a property. She has had numerous litters and whilst pregnant with a recent litter unable to work so the farmer wanted to shoot her. A lady picked her up, delivered her puppies and tried to find a home for her. She is the sweetest thing on the planet and very clingy, loves all people and isn't bothered by dogs. She is so well behaved although we have had to start everything from scratch including toilet training. She is emaciated and scarred, missing patches of fur and a bit of a mess in general. Nothing good food, fresh water and love will change. Anyway she needs a name by Friday as she is being microchipped.

I would love an agility name as we will be doing agility with her but me and partner cannot agree. I love the name Swift, he does not :rolleyes: So I need ideas. Something like Focus, Rush (agility orienteered) or something different like Rumour or Feature. (None of which I can use as they are friends dogs names)

Any suggestions would be great. I just cannot think of anything, I suppose these names just come up, but it isn't working for me :D

I wonder how that "farmer" would feel if someone wanted to shoot him when he couldn't work - through no fault of his own. He could have been proactive to avoid pups if he'd had a heart. There's no excuse nowadays. I put "farmer" in quotes because I don't believe people like that deserve the title of farmer.

No help on names, although there are lots of agility names I've heard - but I'm not a fan of "agility names". They are all about havoc. I do love the name of Swift. A traditional Border Collie bitch name and appropriate for agility.

Just wishing you and this little girl the very, very best at a good life together. She is so fortunate to have had your friend and you to step in and save her life and turn it around.

Guest echoica

Pictures please!! :rolleyes:

As for names: Harlee, Impulse, Hayaku (Japanese, 'hurry up' or 'become fast'), Aesa (Ancient Greek, personification of destiny),

Well good for you for taking her in!

Love the name Ivy. Think it is very cute due to the clingy analogy.

Or you could name her Vela--short for velcro dog.

Jewel-just love the name :rolleyes:

Pace--as in set the pace. I would think Pacey would come of that.

Swoop

Swish

Una--#1

Era

hmmm,, girls seem tough to name for me! Have tons of boy names!

I am completely stumped. We have a new rescue I have a feeling isn't really a rescue and is destined to stay. She is a 7 year old Border Collie. She is small (15kgs) and was used as a cattle dog on a property. She has had numerous litters and whilst pregnant with a recent litter unable to work so the farmer wanted to shoot her. A lady picked her up, delivered her puppies and tried to find a home for her. She is the sweetest thing on the planet and very clingy, loves all people and isn't bothered by dogs. She is so well behaved although we have had to start everything from scratch including toilet training. She is emaciated and scarred, missing patches of fur and a bit of a mess in general. Nothing good food, fresh water and love will change. Anyway she needs a name by Friday as she is being microchipped.

I would love an agility name as we will be doing agility with her but me and partner cannot agree. I love the name Swift, he does not :rolleyes: So I need ideas. Something like Focus, Rush (agility orienteered) or something different like Rumour or Feature. (None of which I can use as they are friends dogs names)

Any suggestions would be great. I just cannot think of anything, I suppose these names just come up, but it isn't working for me :D

I would call her Lucky -- because she sure is.

Liz

I like Nike. How bouts Bea , or Josie , or Sheena ? I like Sheena for agility because of the sheeeee sound. It helps to encourage speed. I always give thought to the call name when thinking of a name.

Like Josie would be jo , or Bea would be B. Or , "Q" , thats a good agility name, LOL..

I am starting my 8 month old in agility and his name is Yogi , but I refuse to use YO YO as a call name.... :D:D I do use it at home for him though....... :rolleyes:

Fly or Zip or Jag or Skip (names that sound like what the dog is performing on the course??)

or Wick ("quick wick")

I like short one syllable names. I think some of the bc's I've had get a.d.d. and lost interest by the time I'd said the second syllable of the name. :rolleyes:

One syllable names are quick and easy to yell out, JMO.

Sixx is right , one syllable names seem to flow off the tongue easier during agility. I love the name Wick.....that is a real nice name....Hmmmmm I will definatley write that one down in my future pups names...LOL...

I also like Jett or Jenn or Jinx....

what about dash, jetta, jazzy,

Thanks for all the names. I have always been terrible at naming my Dogs in particular, my rats get there names quickly but my dogs are so difficult. I have written down a list I like and will ask the partner when he gets home. I named the first dog, he named the second and so I tried to pull the "It's my turn" card but that didn't work, so we must both agree. She's a difficult one I think it's because she's older and pups can tend to grow into their names.

Anyways here's some pics I took today, she is INCREDIBLY difficult to take a pic of because she's so clingy and acts like she'd die on the spot if she wasn't jammed up against me. She's come 110% and I've only had her a week, she's at almost a good weight, her coat is glossy although it's still patchy/rough and dirty it sure does look nicer. I will try get a better pic of her when she is more confident, she has beautiful prick ears that won't let a camera get a picture of them. She's ridiculously clever for a dog with that isn't even toilet trained and so sweet. Just as I write this she is chasing my girls around whilst they do their daily zoomies which is the first time I have seen her interact with them, I wouldn't say she is playing but it's definitely interaction. She just needs some confidence boosting, as she will hide in her crate when my girls gets rough with each other because they growl and howl and make all sorts of noises (I could swear on a good day they were crossed with Husky's) and it freaks her out. She will get there.....just takes time but she sure is an angel.

Here's some piccys.

post-10606-1265609214_thumb.jpg

post-10606-1265609257_thumb.jpg

post-10606-1265609831_thumb.jpg

post-10606-1265609368_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the names I will let you know what we pick when we decide!

Oh she is soo cute. What a lucky girl she is to have you ! She certainly needs a special name.

How bouts : Lia , Liv , Maddy , Mimi , Zoe , Jilly ( my favorite) , Tia , Izzy , Kira , Karat , Lilly , We have a GSD named Ronja , pronounced Ron-Ya . Its different , you gotta give it that , LOL...

I love CSI , and was going to name my new girl Ziva , but it just didnt fit her for some reason. I really love the name Jilly and almost used it but Sally won out, LOL...

I absolutely love naming pups and usually have a pup without a name for about a week or two before settling on a name , LOL...My list of names is so long you wouldnt beleive it !

I have the name book out now , so there is no stopping me......sigh..