BC Boards

AKC agility

I havent read all the posts , so it this might have been mentioned , but maybe , its got a little to do with all the designer breeds around ? There is probably more of them then there is pure breeds now. It would be considered a "smart" move in any business to involve them somehow.

I have to wonder how many of the designer breed folks will actually register their dogs with AKC as "mixed breeds". Everyone that I have ever met with a designer dog really gets snippy if you suggest that the dog is actually a mix.

As far as I know right now, you can't register a dog as a "Labradoodle". It would have to be "Mixed Breed". It seems to me that most of those folks would refuse to do that on principle!

I have to wonder how many of the designer breed folks will actually register their dogs with AKC as "mixed breeds". Everyone that I have ever met with a designer dog really gets snippy if you suggest that the dog is actually a mix.

As far as I know right now, you can't register a dog as a "Labradoodle". It would have to be "Mixed Breed". It seems to me that most of those folks would refuse to do that on principle!

Never thought about it that way , LOL...The only reason "those" people get mad is because how many times do you think they were asked , " You paid WHAT for a WHAT ?" :D:D:D:rolleyes:

That is something those people will never live down, LOL... ( No offense to the designer dogs , its not their fault ) :D

Didn't you hear, ACK has changed the name of mixed breeds to "canine partners." :rolleyes:

I didn't hear that. It makes sense. Even those who have purebreds that are not recognized by AKC would have had to be registered as "mixes" and that makes no sense at all. Designer dogs are mixes (whether their owners care to admit it or not), but there are a lot of non-recognized dogs that are not.