BC Boards

Ellie's eyes are bothering her.

Tommy Coyote

Ellie is my old dog. Her eyes bother her. I took her into the vet and we did this whole thing with ointment. I think they got a little better but not really.

I think she may just have dry eye. Her eyes get really red sometimes. I have been putting Genteal eyedrops in her eyes twice a day and that seems to be helpful.

I took her up to the vet this morning to get her mats off (she has the most awful coat of any border collie I have ever seen. Her fur is so soft that it just mats up) and I noticed that she was really squinting in that bright light up there. She doesn't squint at home.

Anyone else have trouble like this?

Guest echoica
Ellie is my old dog. Her eyes bother her. I took her into the vet and we did this whole thing with ointment. I think they got a little better but not really.

I think she may just have dry eye. Her eyes get really red sometimes. I have been putting Genteal eyedrops in her eyes twice a day and that seems to be helpful.

I took her up to the vet this morning to get her mats off (she has the most awful coat of any border collie I have ever seen. Her fur is so soft that it just mats up) and I noticed that she was really squinting in that bright light up there. She doesn't squint at home.

Anyone else have trouble like this?

they can do a tear test to confirm whether or not it is dry eye - they stick a little paper in the eye and hold it in place to measure tear production. also, you can get a fluorescein stain - to see if she has any damage to her cornea. that would be where i would start if they haven't done this already.