BC Boards

Dog Whisperer

Just go to Wikipedia (not that they're the definitive source of all information) and search on CM. Then do the same for Victoria Stillwell. I know which legacy I'd prefer.

I'm not seeing a striking difference on their respective Wiki pages, except the one for CM is a bit longer.

I did see quotes such as

"You can say as much as you want, but the (dogs are) picking up what is... inside of you"

"To be happy, (dogs) basically need a good job, and good food, and a pat on the head. Americans tend to over-do on the affection and under-do on the exercise"

"Millan stresses that when meeting a new dog, not to make eye contact, not to speak, and not to touch the new dog — rather letting the dog approach on its own terms"

"Despite "sharp differences of view in the past" and some lingering areas of disagreement, the American Humane Association announced in February 2010 that the group shared a surprising number of areas of interest with Millan and invited him to participate in a symposium on humane dog training"

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad for not rechecking Wikipedia before making this statement.

Last summer, CM's Wikipedia article was ~ 1/2 criticism and controversy. There was a lengthy criticism of his methods, and a description of attempts to get the National Geographic channel to discontinue his program. The "criticism and response" section today is minuscule in comparison. In contrast, VS's program and approach got nothing but praise.

Sorry for sending anyone on futile search!