BC Boards

Need Your Help With Collars

Can anyone help me find a certain dog collar for Poppy?

I want a collar that has a cow spot pattern on it. Maybe even would do a zebra stripe pattern(though doesn't that seem too girly? lol...)

Anyone know where I can find one? I will even purchase online if I have to.

PS

I have already tried Petco and Petsmart so far.

Ok, I'm sure it's been asked before but is the chain collar better or a normal collar? I have heard good things from both. God Bless

IMO, no. And if you mean a slip/check/correction chain, remember that they represent a real strangling/hanging hazard, and should only be on a dog (if at all) when a human is attached at the other end of the leash. I know people still use and recommend check chains, but I personally prefer to train with a flat collar on the dog.

Personally, I like cloth collars with a parachute clip (get a good quality one, with a suitably strong clip), but I know a lot of folks prefer a leather collar with a buckle.

I won't use chain training collars anymore because of the risk of injury to them (and they never seemed to work very well at all), though we do use a prong collar on Zeeke for walking him. Otherwise it's flat collars for me.

Love the cow pattern. My cat is wearing a leopard-print collar, but it's nearly broken.

LOL Silly cat. Our cat will wear even a harness without issue (until he saw a squirrel and totally flipped out trying to get out of his harness. He had as all very complacent because he NEVER tries to get out of it... suddenly he was half-free in about .2 seconds before we jumped on him.) But I think in scratching himself he's shredded the weak "safety-release" stretch part. Grr.

Cool, thanks guys. I have always liked the flat collars better too. God Bless