BC Boards

Arthur N. Allen

geonni banner

After watching the fur and feathers fly on the the thread where the temperament of A.N. Allen dogs was cussed and discussed, I got curious and found a copy of this book at Alibris. I just got it and there is a snapshot of the author (?) and a BC taped inside the back cover. There is also an address label on the inside cove that reads:

Almostheaven Farm post-10533-1262046480_thumb.jpg

Australian Shepherds

8637 N. 94th Avenue

Peoria, AZ 85345

I love this kind of memorabilia thing, and thought some of you might enjoy it too.

What a delightful surprise! I love the anecdote about how the shepherds of Britain entered their dogs in a few dog shows around 1860, but after a few years “took their crooks in hand, whistled for the Collies, and went back to the hills and their flocks."

Finished reading the book today. Was delighted with the pictures of BCs of the past, and the historical chapters as well. On the whole I think I found Anna Guthrie's book, "Working with a Stockdog" the more comprehensible of the two as to training. Especially since this is for me, so far, all theoretical. But an enjoyable and enlightening read over all.