BC Boards

Changing name/owner on ABCA papers?

I want to send Dazzle papers back so I can change the owner (to me) and her name (which right now says "snoopy"). Her breeder said I can just send them back with the new information but I am not sure of what to do.

The ABCA website wasn't much help, I didn't see anything where I could just send back her old papers and get new ones with the updated info. The only thing I saw was to fill out a whole new registration form - but she is already registerd! I just want to change her name!

What do I do?? :confused:

On the botttom of my registration papers (I think the bottom left) there is a place to fill out for new owner transfer. I would just send along a note stating the change of Dazzle's name as well. I don't know for sure if there is a charge for the transfer or not, but I'm sure the ABCA website has that information.

If you call the number listed on the website on Monday, you should get the information you need pretty easily. I've always found them to be very helpful.

I often wondered about this because I've had two dogs that I changed the name on. As it turned out, we had both of them neutered so it really didn't matter. Doug's registered name is Dooley. :eek:

I wanted to change my dog's name as it was misspelled by the breeder by 1 letter and at the same time change my last name as I've gotten married since he was purchased. I e-mailed ABCA and received this reply:

"Since that is the way that the breeder submitted the dog's name, you'll need to send in the original certificate with a note attached to change the name, but you can also change your name at the same time to your married name if you wish for no additional fee. The cost for the correction is only $2. Be sure to send the original certificate if you want to do that."

It is do-able and pretty easy. Hope this helps.

Olivia

Look at the "Transfer of Ownership" at the bottom left of your registration certificate. It's pretty self-explanatory. Fill in your name and address, get the previous owner to sign it (if s/he hasn't already), and mail it in with a check for $8.00 (Olivia only had to send $2.00 because her dog's ownership wasn't changing). For the dog name change, just include a little note. You'll get it back with both the old name and the new name -- one will be in parentheses.