BC Boards

Dog Attak

It's unfortunate that breed does matter, in many cases. As we've discussed at length, AKC breeding practices, as well as back yard breeders, can be the ruination of any breed of dog, health or temperament wise. This breed in particular has been the victim of specific breeding and handling practices directed toward taking its natural tendencies to the point of real aggression. Add to that, owners who don't understand the breed, rescues that aren't properly vetted, and you've got a real mess where incidents like this dog attack are all too common.

And it's still the owner's responsibility to keep their dogs safely. I don't care how aggressive a dog is, and I don't really even care why. Nor do I care what breed the dog is. They are still just dogs, and it is always always the responsibility of the owner.

Mick might benefit from the LAT game from Control Unleashed or from the exercises in Click to Calm. My dog who was attacked is still leash-reactive to some extent, but LAT definitely helped him. He's sadly a very soft, insecure dog to start with, so being attacked was a huge deal to him.