BC Boards

Black Jack's new brother

It's offical, Black Jack has a new brother! A little guy from Denver Municipal animal shelter. We saw him online and for some reason he just stood out to us and I couldn't forget about him. After calling about him we found out he had kennel cough and was about a year old. Being a stray they didn't know anything else. After almost a week of very long days waiting for the weather to clear up, working everything out to make sure we could get him, and then waiting for the roads to dry up I was starting to worry we wouldn't be able to get him. But in the end everything worked out great and we made it to CO on dry roads yesterday. When we got to the shelter and first met him we were shocked to death. He was so skinny and weak he could hardly get up and walk around and just seemed out of it. He was a little shy of us and didn't know what to think but after loading him into his crate in the truck he seemed a little more at ease. We gave him half of a treat he came up and gave us a kiss on our hands. Almost like "thank you". He never made a noise on the four hour drive back. We have been feeding him lots of small meals a few hours apart. He's slowly getting a little more energy. Our vet put him on more amoxicillin to clear up the rest of his kennel cough and once we get more weight put on him we will have to get him neutered. That's right, the shelter didn't even neuter him! :rolleyes: It's probably best though because he wouldn't have made it through the surgery. He weighed in at 19.1 lbs. Our vet said he was about a week away from having to be put to sleep.

He is one little cuddle bug too. Once he feels better he is going to be FAST! He already learned how to sit and lay down. We have only had him a day!!

Here's Teebo (Tea-boo)

IMG_1965.jpg

He looks a little mad here but it was just the look on his face when he turned :D

IMG_1967.jpg

Ohh, AJ, you got him! I am so glad you did! And it sounds like you arrived just on time, poor boy, can't belive he only weights 19 lbs! I am sure that under your care and love he will flourish and turn into an amazing dog, like Black Jack!

Congrats and kudos to you for giving Teebo a life and a wonderful, loving home and family! Poor boy looks like he really lacked good food while growing, but he won't lack anything he needs from here on out.

Very best wishes!

He is beautiful! Reminds me of Vala, who we adopted from our local municipal animal shelter... that's how she was when we got her, only... 19.1 # is REALLY small. Is he a small dog? She was 27.1 and that was really thin and had kennel cough and about every other parasite you can imagine. Our municpal animal shelters in this country are so underfunded. The vet at ours wants to help so much but there are so many animals that come through. After only three and a half months Vala is 30#! Anyway Teebo is beautiful! I am so glad you are nursing him back to health.

Much congratulations to you and Teebo - he is stunning and I know he's in the best hands possible for his journey back to good health and a good weight!

He's doing much better tonight! His hair has a shine to it now and he has a smile now. Him and Black Jack seem to be doing ok. Two walks together so far and only one rolled lip on Black Jack's part. It will take some time but I think they'll do fine. Right now he's in his crate most of the time to rest and get used to everything going on. I will have more pics soon. We did change his name to Teebo. Spelled the same but we now say it tea-bo, not boo. He didn't come to it the other way. Oh well.

Congrats on your new family member! He is tr uly gorgeous. Sorry to hear he was in such rough shape, poor boy. if anyone can heal him up physically and mentally it is you! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...