BC Boards

My dogs are dumplings

Jo&Tex

I got home from work to find that my darlings had dragged a 5lb bag of flour out of the pantry and consumed most of it. Normally, I keep all my flour in sturdy tubs to deter the mice but I just bought the flour and simply stacked it on the pantry shelves. The pantry has a folding door that secure with a magnet. Tex is known for getting into laundry hampers and clearing the counters so I do try to be careful. I guess Tex likes to bake too.

It was a long night with both Tex and Skip throwing up. They are lethargic and very thirsty. Can dogs overdose on whole wheat flour? Is there anything that I should be giving them or not give them?

Came home early on a Friday from an Agility Trial to go to a Christmas party with DH. Came home from the party to find flour and parts of the bag all over the kitchen floor. Two dogs with flour on their faces. Made it through the night fine. Headed out to the agility trial the next morning, Two humans, two Border Collies and a couple of Yorkies in the car. One sick Border Collie about 45 minutes into the trip and 30 minutes to go. Made it to the trial. They were OK once they cleared their stomachs out.

Jenny