BC Boards

creature feature

While walking Bandit on 5 mile nature trial today we came upon a fuzzy butt and tail sticking out of a hole in ground. The creature, which turned out to be a squirl,while backing out of the hole came face to face with Bandit. The look of surprise on it's face was priceless. In a flash it ran 6 ft up a tree, feeling safe stopped, and looked at Bandit and I.

I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes.

That is so hilarious!!

We have squirrels and rabbits in our yard a lot, and the squirrels will sometimes get cornered by the dogs. The dogs turn around and look at me and do that tail wave thing that says "Look! What is this thing?" but they don't get very close to it. My dogs are wary of small furry creatures because my two cats are not very nice to them. :rolleyes:

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com

Clyde Kadiddlehopper, our resident mooching tree rat, sometimes stands on our front porch waiting for us to come out and give him peanuts (we have gotten to the point of hand-feeding him). Imagine his surprise when on occasion Annie and Missy come out instead, headed for our evening walk! He actually ignores Annie, but knows that Missy is a real threat. I will leave the scene to your imagination...

When walking Bailey a while ago, a rabbit jumped out on one side of the dirt path we were walking and ran right in front of Bailey to get to the other side. Bailey stopped dead, watched then looked back at us as if to say "what on earth was that mum?" - it was so funny, I cant describe the look of amazment on Bailey's face, before the obligitory sniffing the rabbits trial of course!

LOL! That's a lot more entertaining - for the human observer at least - than Kessie's IMAGINARY ( :mad: ) squirrel in the maple tree in front of our home. If I knew whether it's a boy or a girl ghost squirrel, I'd have given him/her a name by now. We've been neighbors long enough to go by first names :rolleyes: . BCs...what can you do.