BC Boards

helping dog nausea

She got a hold of a jalapeno chip on the floor the other day that I dropped and puked within 5 minutes (No I don't ever intentionally feed my dogs table scraps). Can a dog just have an ultra-sensitive stomach? Can it get better with age? I've always had dogs that could eat anything. This is new for me.

They can have ultra sensitive digestive systems. I like this homeopathic book for dogs. Homeopathic Medicine for Dogs - a Handbook for Vets, and Pet Owners by H. G. Wolff MVSC. Big chapter on digestive problems dogs can have, provides dietary suggestion, besides remedies, and treatments.

Do you think it's possible for a dog to swallow enough grass while playing fetch to upset its stomach? Especially this time of year when the grass is dead and cakes up on the ball?

I think not , but he could get some caught in his throat that would irritate him enough and cause him to vomit.

I was gone most of Saturday and ran a lot of errands on Sunday and didn't play ball like we usually do. I noticed Madi didn't get sick. So the last several days I have intentionally not played ball with her. No sickness. Could be coincidence. Not sure but she loves that ball. This is not the answer I was looking for. I tried taking her to a parking lot but her paws didn't make it 10 minutes. :rolleyes: I wonder if switching to a racket ball would make a difference? I think it's safe to say she's eating something somewhere that is upsetting her tummy.

I do have some relief though. I was starting to worry about blockage.

I was gone most of Saturday and ran a lot of errands on Sunday and didn't play ball like we usually do. I noticed Madi didn't get sick. So the last several days I have intentionally not played ball with her. No sickness. Could be coincidence. Not sure but she loves that ball. This is not the answer I was looking for. I tried taking her to a parking lot but her paws didn't make it 10 minutes. :D I wonder if switching to a racket ball would make a difference? I think it's safe to say she's eating something somewhere that is upsetting her tummy.

I do have some relief though. I was starting to worry about blockage.

Yep , cement will do a number on their pads. Would you know if the grassy area that you take her to to play ball uses any type of pesticides or other lawn maintainance ? Might be worth looking into .

She is just a sensitive girlie :D

Even the type of ball , either tennis or certain rubber materials she can be alergic to . Anything is possible.

I bought a toy yesterday that just had a weird smell to it so I returned it. I just didnt smell it in the store because of all hte cookie smells and other "smells". LOL... But when I got it home , eeewwwwww..... :rolleyes:

Anyway , keep mental notes about when she does have a good day and note what you didnt do (like play ball)

Play ball another day , but switch areas or the ball type. Its just trial and error . But hopefully you are getting closer to a solution to her vomiting . And if it was a blockage of some kind , it could have dislodged itself and she passed it.

Always take a look at her fecal and make sure its normal (EVERYDAY) . That can tell you alot about how she is feeling that day. I know its gross , like picking up vomit isnt , LOL, but its just as important.. :D

I hope you get to the bottom of this soon. I tend to think about her and Im glad you are keeping everybody posted.

• 1 year later...

Haven't been on here in some time. I laughed when I saw that avatar. She's all grown up, now. Just to follow up, my dog's digestive problems stopped as suddenly as they started. We never were quite sure what cause them????? Now she's just happy and healthy....and beautiful, if I do say so myself.

Madi Bell