BC Boards

Synovi G-3

Mona Howard

For anyone else that uses this product like me, it will be getting hard to find.

I just ordered a tub and was told by the supplier that the manufacturer of Synovi G-3

has been shut down by the FDA. I don't know the reason they were shut down or even

if this is correct information. Anyways, if you are getting low you might want to order

before it maybe runs out. I thought I might check with my Vet and see if they know

anything. Mona in Virginia

Last time I ordered, I noticed that the website (entirelypets.com) was selling this at a reduced price and suggested a less expensive alternative. I've used it for some years and guess I'll be switching to something else. My ortho vet felt it was a good product but if the FDA is shutting them down, makes you wonder.

Thanks for the heads-up.

From reports, they failed to meet the quality standards of cGMP (current good manufacturing practices), so they were closed down until the FDA can re-approve them.

Ditto that info, also goes for any DVM product you may be fond of, including their shampoos, Malaseb shampoo being prominent for lots of skin yeast and bacterial issues. I use a LOT of NuSal-T, malaseb, Ectokyl (flea) and Chlorhexaderm (use all these at work), a really good ear flush, T8 Keto, and the Synovi-G3, and the equine equivalent. We stocked up when we heard about the sale and the FDA issues, our distributor's stock is all there will be for a while. If you like the products, get what you can but be looking for substitutes just in case.

Our distributor reps have told us the parent company that owns DVM (Teva) was shut down. The DVM products were ok, but are warehoused by the parent company who cannot ship product.

Debbie, our docs have switched to the Douxo line of shampoos and sprays and they really like them. I'm not sure about their availability in gallon sizes but it might be something worth trying. (Especially for the Chlorhexiderm alternative). Man, when the big one falls, they all fall...I have trouble getting Virbac products now too because they can't keep up.

Also, Butler Animal Health and NLS have an almost identical supplement to the Synovi G3 chew. They are both made by Vitality and are practically a bio-equivalent. We have switched some folks over to it and I guess I will too when my Synovi supply runs out. Dasuquin just came out with a soft chew also. Canapp and other ortho docs love Dasuquin.

Michelle

We've switched over to the Virbac line and have been very happy with it. Have noticed some issues w/ supply, but not too bad and they do have gallon sizes in most of their shampoo/conditioner lines.

ETA: Their Omegaderm pouches are very convienent for our clients and easy to feed