BC Boards

Sentinel Question

OurBoys

For those of you who use Sentinel, have your dog(s) experienced diarrhea while on it? Our 3 have been on it for the past 3 months and all 3 have suffered from diarrhea off and on since.

Josie will have diarrhea every once in a while. She's our vermin killer. She eats what she catches and when she does, it reacts on her. Because of that, when she got sick off and on I didn't think much about it. BUT this week she has woke me up every night to go out. One night it was every 2 hours.

It is unusual for JJ to sick but I figured my mom had fed him something behind my back. He also hasn't been as sick as the other 2.

Now poor Jake. Yesterday, DH & I switched Josie to a lamb and rice diet with pumpkin. Last night she only woke me up once so I thought the switch was working. Well, it was. She had woke me up for Jake's sake. The poor boy had a major blow out. He has never done that before.

DH & I have been thinking hard what has changed and the only thing we can think of is their heartworm preventive. I gave them their last Sentinel pill on the 4th and this week has been really rough. If it disagrees with them, could the problem get worse each time? And how odd is it that all 3 would have a reaction to it?

We did have a temp foster dog here a little less than a month ago. Because the vets around here don't give rescues a discount, his 2nd temp foster mom took him to the vet. The foster had whipworms but because mine are on Sentinel, could they still get whipworms bad enough and so quickly that they would have diarrhea? The foster dog hasn't been tested for Giardia but that's crossed my mind too. But if he gave my 3 Giardia, wouldn't they all have diarrhea at the same time more consistantly? (I think JJ is over it, Josie is getting over it and Jake is at his peak (?))

Josie's due for her annual so I'll be taking her this week. I'll explain all this to her but I wonder if I should also ask her to check for something specific.

Thanks is advance for any advice. I've never had all 3 sick around the same time and this is really confusing me.