BC Boards

Cynosport world games

I stumbled on this while cruising for agility trials. I'm going to be in the area near the time these games are going on (nov 11-15). Has anyone been before? I just want to hang out and maybe do some fun things with the dogs. It looks like doggie heaven for 4 days :D

I may rearrange my schedual a bit so i can check this out. If anyone is going from here, maybe a meet up somewhere?

Edit: I think I'm sleep typing. I forgot to post the link :rolleyes:http://www.usdaa.com/specialEvents.cfm

Our rescue will be there! This is our biggest event of the year. EVERYONE wants to vistit the border collie rescue a Cynosport. I will be there Sat & Sun, DH ( and Sita-saurus- rex) should be there every day. It is a lot of fun! If you want to hang out you can always hang out at the ABCR tent!

It is a lot of fun. I have never competed but love watching. We thought they were going to move it to Florida this year, but we lucked out! If you are in the area come down and visit.

Very cool! I'm am going to try hard to be there. It looks like a great event. I can't wait to watch the USDAA runs :D I really want Lucia to try the lure races. Chasing bunnies across a field would be right up her alley :rolleyes: And I can definately hang at the BC rescue site and brag about how awseome rescue BC's are.

I will be there with the entire pack for the whole week! I usually run the Splash Dogs event and this year I'm taking a break on Friday to run some FLYBALL!! Come visit me at Splash Dogs if you really want something fun - also if you at BC Rescue have some dogs you would like us to help promote let us know, I am always up for helping put some new eyes on the available rescues!

I was going to be there competing in Agility with Annie, but she hurt her back at the USDAA show last weekend, so she's "retired" and now just doing Performance.

I'm sorry to hear about Annie...Have you looked into Chiro for her? I'm not sure how severe the injury is but I've had to put Gunner through rehab including Chiro and have seen nothing but good stuff from it. Accupuncture is also wonderful as it helps the blood flow to the injured area and decrease inflamation.

I'm sorry to hear about Annie...Have you looked into Chiro for her? I'm not sure how severe the injury is but I've had to put Gunner through rehab including Chiro and have seen nothing but good stuff from it. Accupuncture is also wonderful as it helps the blood flow to the injured area and decrease inflamation.

I second the suggestion! I took Lucia to the chiro last week because she's come up sore again. She was WAY out of wack and after a 45 min session, I have a new dog :rolleyes: I've also had accu and massage therapy done on her. It helps a ton! Good luck with Annie. I hope she feels better soon.

Maybe someday I'll be competing at this level, but right now I'm happy to watch and see what i have to look forward to. I've already made my plans to be there and have a friend to stay with in Surprise, AZ. Is that close to the areana?

Yes, please bring me flyers. Splash Dogs likes to help promote rescue. If we have dogs onsite, in the beginning of our competitions we will see if they would like to come up on the dock to say hello to the audience. In hopes that an audience member or competitor may just find that forever friend. All dogs are welcome - not only water loving dogs.

There are a lot of different approaches to healing some injuries. I took Gunner two weeks ago to a chiro in LA who I am now a major fan of. I've got a few chiro's I use up here in Nor Cal but was out of town for a month and a half so asked a friend for a referral. Her chiro came out to her house and did a session on Gunner. He used some new technology - a cool and hot laser which penetrated just the skin to the soft tissue. Gunner is pretty hard on his shoulders and also has some scar tissue from a muscle tear that is now healed. By the time he was done with Gunner he had increased mobility in his shoulder to 100% and the scar tissue in his back leg was barely the size of pea. I told this guy he works wonders w/this thing and hoped he liked to fly. I am going to be contacting him again very soon - before Cynosport to see if we can get him a tune up, lol...

I really hope we see eachother at Cyno - there is so much buzz in the air there the dogs are excited and everyone else is too.

I can't wait! Thanks for letting me bring some flyers. I'll do a bit of volunteering in exchange. The poor dogs are going to be thrown into whatever I can enter them in each day :D Are there any flyball seminar type things? I really want Grady to try it this winter. Lucia is going to have a blast doing the luring stuff.

I'm making this part of my fall vaction. Should be a blast and a lot warmer than where I'm at right now :rolleyes: I'm also offering up doggie transport. I'll be heading back to the east coast to visit my folks and can take at least one dog in that direction.

I'll be there competing with my youngster Bracken (3.5 yr old) BC. I don't expect much from him - he is sooooo green! If we have a clean run, I'll be happy! My old girl is retired from USDAA (having "won" the Veterans Class a few years ago...though technically there wasn't a "winner"....), but ran at NADAC Champs a few weeks ago - in jumpers and tunnelers. Be sure to watch the veterans showcase too - this year they are awarding placements,and it so great to see the long-time competitors running their older dogs.

For whomever is going: if you really want a front row seat, volunteer to help out! I'm sure the cynosport link has a connection to Karen Gloor, who has the ineviable job of coordinating six (or more?) rings of agility, for five days straight! Yikes! But it is an amazing scene - besides agility, there is earthdog, lure coursing (which truly qualifies as a "scene"), flyball (oh yeah, MORE of a scene!), disc dog, and more vendors than your credit card wants to know about.

It's always late, but you should definitely hang around for the evening events in the "big ring" - lights and bleacher seats - for the Grand Prix and Steeplechase, and Performance versions thereof, finals. You'll see the best handlers in the world, and the atmosphere is riveting!

See y'all there!

diane

Wick and I will be there competing in agility for the 4th year. It's an awesome event. Bring your walking shoes and your money! There's so much to watch and do with your own dog and so much shopping it's ridiculous. If you're a little familiar with agility, I would suggest volunteering to help at the trial. That way you'll get the best seat in the house for some amazing runs and get in free, possibly with free parking. Not sure of all the volunteering details, but it should be on the USDAA site. If you can only make a day or so, I'd pick a weekend day to go, as those are when the semi-finals and finals are. Regardless of when you go though, you're in store for some top-notch agility.

I plan on being there everyday(maybe, at least thur-sun :rolleyes: ) I'll shoot someone an email about volunteering. I was planning on helping out with some BC rescue stuff, but it would be awesome to sit ring side and set poles for people like Greg and Susan :D Does that make me an agility groupy :D

Wish we would be there but PA to AZ is just a bit of a hike! Was there in '05 with my then Sr bc Ashe for his last go at Nationals in performance. The venue is very nice and so is the footing, our Meg was entered in the Disc Dog competition and did well for a novice. Hopefully my youngster Whim will qualify next year when Theorectically the Nationals have the potential to move eastward after 9 long years. But if you have the chance to go dont miss it theres lots happening and some incredible dogs from around the world to watch. This is where the people vying for next years Cyno sport world team with take out all the stops in hopes of getting those last points for qualifying. Definately stay for Grand Prix and Rnd 2 Steeplechase, I'll be watching via live stream

go to usdaa.com, click on news/events then special events there should be a link to the the Cynosport website and there should be links for volunterring there. I belive its Karen Gloor thats in charge of volunteers. Have fun if you go, you'll see some truly world class teams

• 3 weeks later...

The NADAC yahoo boards have been talking about a dog with lepto being there. The competitor insists on being there even though their dog has tested possitive. Not really sure what's up with the whole thing, but it has really caused a stir. I still plan on going, but was wondering if anyone else has heard about this?