BC Boards

Photo opp

So I mentioned how Vala has been a bit shy and spooky, coming out of the shelter and a totally outside life before that. As she's been feeling better, recovering from kennel cough, hookworms, tapeworms, and now even seeming to feel a little better with the heartworms after five weeks of doxy/ivermectin, she's been coming out of her "safe place" more and more while in the house. She has always loved going on walks and jogs with me (of course) and has always been really social with people during those times, but lately she has begun to be social with other dogs while we're outside and really energetic. But in the house she was nesting in her safe place a lot. At first she would hang out in her kennel almost all the time. Then she started hanging out while I cook and "helping" me do housework and that sort of thing -- lately she's even been learning to enjoy riding in the car, jumping in all by herself -- but for a while there anytime I was writing at my desk or doing work, she would leave the room and -- well, at first she'd go back to her kennel and hang out (her first "safe place"), next she'd go to the corner of the bathroom and sleep/chill (her second), and then she'd go into the corner of the kitchen and hang out (her third--note that each place is gradually more social and out in the open). Well, as of yesterday, Vala has found a new "safe place" to hang out and I know it's a silly milestone but, whatever, I am super excited. Mostly because it says something about our bond...

s320x320.jpg

But also because I have so missed having a dog at my feet while I work and write!

So I mentioned how Vala has been a bit shy and spooky, coming out of the shelter and a totally outside life before that. As she's been feeling better, recovering from kennel cough, hookworms, tapeworms, and now even seeming to feel a little better with the heartworms after five weeks of doxy/ivermectin, she's been coming out of her "safe place" more and more while in the house. She has always loved going on walks and jogs with me (of course) and has always been really social with people during those times, but lately she has begun to be social with other dogs while we're outside and really energetic. But in the house she was nesting in her safe place a lot. At first she would hang out in her kennel almost all the time. Then she started hanging out while I cook and "helping" me do housework and that sort of thing -- lately she's even been learning to enjoy riding in the car, jumping in all by herself -- but for a while there anytime I was writing at my desk or doing work, she would leave the room and -- well, at first she'd go back to her kennel and hang out (her first "safe place"), next she'd go to the corner of the bathroom and sleep/chill (her second), and then she'd go into the corner of the kitchen and hang out (her third--note that each place is gradually more social and out in the open). Well, as of yesterday, Vala has found a new "safe place" to hang out and I know it's a silly milestone but, whatever, I am super excited. Mostly because it says something about our bond...

s320x320.jpg

But also because I have so missed having a dog at my feet while I work and write!

Hey there pansmom, long time no see. Last I heard from you you were havihng some agression issues with pan, what ever came of that?

Not a silly milestone, it took ages for Brody to want to hang with us, at the moment he is by my side in the office were I can reach him with my toes, having a soft silky Border collie to rub while typing makes me smile. Now if I could only convince him to become a doggy hot water bottle I would be all set.

Hey there pansmom, long time no see. Last I heard from you you were havihng some agression issues with pan, what ever came of that?

Read my signature and you can kind of guess the rest unfortunately.

ETA: Going to PM you.

Mary, this is the best update! I think it's a MAJOR milestone. And she looks so cute under there! :rolleyes: Keep getting well and gaining trust, lil girl.

s320x320.jpg

So wonderful! The pups are crated in the study a few feet from my desk but lately I've been letting the pups out of their crates (one at a time of course) and after a bit of cruising around the kitchen, they're coming back in the study and settling back at my feet too....feels good when a dog chooses to be with you. :rolleyes:.

Not a silly milestone, it took ages for Brody to want to hang with us, at the moment he is by my side in the office were I can reach him with my toes, having a soft silky Border collie to rub while typing makes me smile. Now if I could only convince him to become a doggy hot water bottle I would be all set.

Hey another "Brother" -- (Brodie/Brody in Gaelic)> Here's our Brodie at 5 months-- he's sort of the opposite affection-wise - you can't get rid of him! He spends most of his free time on the back of the recliner, wrapped around my husband's neck...good thing he's on the smallish side. Ladybug already occupies Ken's lap and Robin claims the footrest. The whole thing is going to collapse in a heap one day. :rolleyes:.

post-10125-1254792808_thumb.jpg

Ha ha. Thanks everyone. All I can say is, my legs must taste good! (She's been licking them for over a minute now!)