BC Boards

Clicker outrun

sheeptramp

Well, since the pot IS obviously on a low boil... You don't need a clicker for outrun training, you simply need treats placed strategically all the way out to the back of the sheep.

And don't forget to add peanut butter or other treats to the backsides of the sheep to make sure the dog follows 'em on down on the fetch.... :rolleyes:

J.

And don't forget to add peanut butter or other treats to the backsides of the sheep to make sure the dog follows 'em on down on the fetch....

Julie I must have gotten wrong information. I thought that was how you teach a dog to grip! :rolleyes:

And don't forget to add peanut butter or other treats to the backsides of the sheep to make sure the dog follows 'em on down on the fetch.... :rolleyes:

J.

Smooth or chunky? A novice like me needs to know.

I'm assuming you avoid the all-natural as that can be a bit runny.

As for teaching gripping, I thought you put mint jelly on the nose or heel. No wonder my dog doesn't grip.

Look guys you need to be serious before someone really tries this stuff.

1. You use a regular clicker. Because of training the dog does a perfect outrun..soooo therefore when the dog leaves your side and starts to cast around YOU run straight down toward the sheep so you can click when the dog arrives at the right spot.

2. Next use corn and leave a trail for the sheep to follow..Get it? the sheep stay on a straight line and the dog will be able to hold its lines AND make the panels.

Oh yes don't forget to save a handful of corn for the pen.

Hope this helps

2. Next use corn and leave a trail for the sheep to follow..Get it? the sheep stay on a straight line

Crap that's why we wiggle all over the field. I was trying to make straight lines with the mint jelly

Is there a website where I can get all this straightened out?

I heard the trick was shock collars on the sheep AND mint jelly. Now, I hear it's peanut butter--won't that ruin the wool, though? Or is that only for the hair sheep?

I did find a lovely sheep-herding clicker, engraved with some Scots Gaelic words that I can't decipher (but no matter) for only 29.99--does it work as well as the 199.99 version, do you think?

1. You use a regular clicker. Because of training the dog does a perfect outrun..soooo therefore when the dog leaves your side and starts to cast around YOU run straight down toward the sheep so you can click when the dog arrives at the right spot.

No, no, no...this is where you have another person at the top doing the clicker, that way you don't change the picture your dog see's. Once your dog is licking the peanut butter and the sheep are eating the line of corn then the handler starts clicking to reinforce their dog on the fetch.

Did you check out the agility lizards topic? Try it, and then start a humorous topic about working dogs. I'm game for that. Oh, wait, this is a humorous topic about working dogs crossed with one on clicker training and treats. Lighten up, please, it's not meant to be serious or attacking anyone - it's meant to be funny.

And, no, I am not someone who believes that just because something is funny, that it is justified.

Did you check out the agility lizards topic? Try it, and then start a humorous topic about working dogs. I'm game for that. Oh, wait, this is a humorous topic about working dogs crossed with one on clicker training and treats. Lighten up, please, it's not meant to be serious or attacking anyone - it's meant to be funny.

And, no, I am not someone who believes that just because something is funny, that it is justified.

You can do agility with lizards???? Wow I've heard of everything now.