BC Boards

Small frisbee brag

This evening I was craving some wide open space with mowed grass to play a nice game of frisbee on, so I loaded up Kit and we went to the big park on the other side of town. We stayed in off-leash areas only, but it's not exactly a traditional dog park with lots of dogs swarming around - more like a multiple-use park that just happens to be mostly off-leash. This makes it great for training and playing games.

In order to get to the big field of my choice, we had to cross the frisbee golf course. Anyone play this sport? Kinda fun. Anyway, as we're getting closer to the course, I'm keeping my eyes open for anyone playing the game, because I don't want Kit disturbing them. I had the leash all ready to snap on her, just in case. Unfortunately, her sight is a little better than mine and she's just a tad faster than me. She spotted a frisbee off in the distance in mid-flight and just like that she was gone. She missed catching it in the air (too far away), but scooped it up as soon as it hit the ground and raced right back to me. After praising her (what else could I do? - she did exactly what she was supposed to!), getting her on leash, apologizing profusely to the folks who's game we disturbed, and returning the frisbee to a spot that was at least reasonably close to where she shamelessly thieved it from, we made it over to the big open field and had a very successful frisbee training session with our own dog-friendly frisbee.