BC Boards

I did the right thing Now what?

Talk to people you know about her condition, publicize it on a website if you have one for the foster dogs, post the vet info and situation on msg boards that you're active on (like this one; many people will donate a few dollars online, especially directly to the vet so they know it's going to what it's supposed to). You can hold bake sales and car washes in you community to raise additional funds.

I would talk to the vet and see if they are willing to help setup an account where folks can send money to cover the procedure.

You can have BC Rescue post her story and ask for donations. You can also see if they will be willing to accept the donations too.

You can also see if there is a way to work with the ortho vet to limit the costs. Some regular vets are willing to give discounts for dogs in foster care but then again many are not. It does not hurt to ask though.

Make sure to post her story anywhere you can but make sure you are NOT the one to accept donations. People would be more leary if you were...

On an acd board a lady who rescues had a very sick dog come in. Other members of the board used their talents of making trinkets, knitting, etc... and helped raise funds. They basically only made enough money back to cover the cost of supplies and the rest went to Charlie's Fund. They raised hundereds.

Good luck and keep us updated.

"You can have BC Rescue post her story and ask for donations. You can also see if they will be willing to accept the donations too"

I did contact the rescue that transferred her to us to see how they can help her. She is such a sweet dog. I'm going to see if Cornell will help at all since we are close enough.

The sad thing is this will probably the last dog I directly help.

I'm going to say no because one wanted her to be healthy and the other home was a seniors for seniors. I did explain the whole situation to the seniors for seniors arranger but, it's up in the air.

The surgery quote I got last night is to expect it to cost a grand. There are enough elderly healthy dogs out there.