BC Boards

Jin was Injured yesterday.

Just to show you how easy it is. We were sitting at a restaraunt Abb, Jin and I inside a lightly fenced in area. The dogs were quiet and lying down when a guy walks by with three laprats tied together. They saw Jin and Abby and reacted trying to get through the fence. Jin reacted and in trying to separate them in a very small area I stepped on Jin's right leg causing him an injury.

The trip to the vet was swift as was the treatment (a soft tissue injury at the joint leaving him in s lot of pain) and the bill horrendous, $500. I sort of realized it at the time but it hit me hard this morning. I just spent the last of my money on Jin and am now down to a once amonth disability check.

that means no more classes for Jin, a major change ion my lifestyle and now doing it all myself now.

That leaves me very depressed.

I'm sorry to hear that about Jin. I hope he heals quickly.

Blaze used to be very bad about stepping in front of me causing me to step on his paw. Thankfully he stopped that quickly. I was always worried that I would accidently cause his leg harm because he was doing that.

I'm sorry for Jin's injury. Please don't blame yourself and as for your wallet, they won't know you're broke and as long as you continue to walk and interact with them dialy they'll never know. Don't let it get you down. Things have a way of turning around if you have patience.

I'm sorry to hear about Jin's injury. But Kristen is right, thankfully, one great thing about dogs is they will never know you're broke! And I'm sure you're an excellent trainer. Jin probably won't ever know the difference. Anyway, I hope you - personally - feel better soon.

Oh Steve. You and Jin have really been through some rough times together, haven't you? I'm so sorry to hear about this new challenge. Together, you'll get through this one too. {{hugs}} :rolleyes:

Emma and I will say a prayer for your Jin, I know how you feel I have had Emma walk in front of me and almost get her leg broken or make me fall on my head one to many times when she was from 8 weeks to maybe 10 weeks old Since then she has learned not to cross in front of me when we are working on the heal position. I am disabled also and it is hard to do the proper training from day to day feeling the pain I do in my lower back and left leg. I make the best of it and she is going on 7 months and is still a puppy and the way I look at it, we are always learning more about ourselves and our dogs every day as we train. God Bless

Again, I hope Jin heals quickly.

I know what it means to be down to one sad paycheck a month. I was on worker's comp for a knee injury for over year, and it was at that time that I slammed Kellie's tail in a car door. Some very nice ppl came together and helped me out financially to get Kel the medical attention she needed, so, now that I can, I'm going to pay it forward. DR, do you have a paypal account that I could send a donation to and help you out? Feel free to PM me.

So sorry to read of Jin's accident. I hope you may be feeling a bit better today and of course Jin.

Wow must be something in the air. I'm new here but I spent an emergency visit to the Vet this morning. My boy broke his leg last night. He is 10 weeks old and they said that he would heal up in a couple of weeks. I felt like it was one of kids in there when they were fixin him up. Poor guy, 10 weeks old and already broke a bone.

I'm sorry for Jin's injury. Please don't blame yourself and as for your wallet, they won't know you're broke and as long as you continue to walk and interact with them dialy they'll never know. Don't let it get you down. Things have a way of turning around if you have patience.

Ditto this! I hope Jin is feeling better soon. Most soft tissue injuries just need some time off. I had to rest Alex for a good two months the last time he had one. Hang in there!

I thank you all for your kindness and thoughts. I would never have though that I would be come attached to any dogs as much as Jin. He truly is my Heart Dog. Life these days is difficult enough but made bearable with friends like you all.

Jin doing better but still limping. It's hard to keep him quiet. I've got him grounded pretty much most of the time. (we don't use a crate). It'll be a couple of weeks before I can start walking him. As a result of this incident I'm afraid his reactivity training has been set back again; what 3rd, 4th time? Not a good thing for an SD.

Wow must be something in the air. I'm new here but I spent an emergency visit to the Vet this morning. My boy broke his leg last night. He is 10 weeks old and they said that he would heal up in a couple of weeks. I felt like it was one of kids in there when they were fixin him up. Poor guy, 10 weeks old and already broke a bone.

Watch your puppy the growth plates will take months to close yet and the bones are still very soft. Foot and leg injuries can be had from something as simple as getting off the bed. Don't let him jump yet.

Sorry about Jin's injury - the nice thing about dogs is they don't care what's in your wallet, just what's in your heart.

Welcome, rdhick! Sorry to hear about your youngster's injury and hope it heals well and uneventfully. Be careful, as these very lively and energetic youngsters are prone to do a bit too much, a bit too soon. Take it easy and sensibly with him.

Sorry about Jin's injury - the nice thing about dogs is they don't care what's in your wallet, just what's in your heart.

Welcome, rdhick! Sorry to hear about your youngster's injury and hope it heals well and uneventfully. Be careful, as these very lively and energetic youngsters are prone to do a bit too much, a bit too soon. Take it easy and sensibly with him.

Thank you very much! We will be watching him very closely. The Vet says he should heal up pretty quickly. I had a BC when I was younger and loved her so much that now I have one of my own.

I didn't know whether to start a fresh topic or not.

The vet says bed rest (so to speak) for a week. But how long will it be before I can take him for easy or normal walks? I understand now it might be a it might be a three of weeks or more before I can let him run again. He's Mr. Speed and loves to go full tilt. Would cold packs help the injury and would wrapping it like I do my knee help.

First time I've ever had to deal with something like this so I really have no knowledge of how to care for it. I see the vet Tues and I'll also ask then.