BC Boards

What Were They Thinking

I saw a pretty BC in a commercial. It was for cotton. Pretty girls in pretty dresses as they pan from on to another there is a shot of a another pretty girl in a very pretty dress with a beautiful merle tri and she walks into a sheep pen.

*heavy accent* Heeyyyy! Pretty girls do you wear your pretty dresses out to work your dogs?

Um, who thought it would be a good idea to use border collies and sheep to advertise COTTON? Did the ad agency recycle some unsold commercial concept for wool? Or has there been a breakthrough in sheep technology, and they are now able to produce cotton?

They are showing up more and more. I always have a little fit when I see one plastered somewhere.

I have 6 personal dogs and three fosters, two of which that are puppies. They all eat in the kitchen, side by side. Its a fast learning experince. New dogs come in, they have to wait their turn for their bowls or they get growled at by the others and whichever lucky early bird is feeding. Once they learn the routine and have it down, I do purposely stick my hand in their bowls. I've yet to have one dog that wouldn't tolerate it or that didn't learn to. When I place my fosters, I like to know that I am placing a safe dog.

I don't care if they growl at others trying to eat their food but they better not act on it and I never put them in a place where they need to. I do care if they growl at people though and its something I think all dogs must learn to tolerate without a fuss.

Katelynn

Although my dogs won't bite if bothered while eating. some dogs will. That is why my son has been taught never to bother any animal while it is eating. I think it is just common sense to keep him safe.

I just had to have that conversation with my 11 year old daughter, yesterday. Again. She knows better, but my dogs are well trained, and people forget... I caught my daughter petting the big dog as she ate. Dakota is a well-behaved girl, but it's still a bad idea, as I pointed out rather sharply to my eldest child.

I just had to have that conversation with my 11 year old daughter, yesterday. Again. She knows better, but my dogs are well trained, and people forget... I caught my daughter petting the big dog as she ate. Dakota is a well-behaved girl, but it's still a bad idea, as I pointed out rather sharply to my eldest child.

:rolleyes: Ben there done that with 3 kids. for some reason kids like to pet dogs while they eat.

for some reason kids like to pet dogs while they eat.

Yeah... Seems to be something basic in human nature. Maybe the nuture instinct? :rolleyes:

Dakota outweighs my daughter by a small margin, and has a head the size of a rugby ball. I trust her, but trust is best accompanied by prudence - And it's not prudent to provoke any dog, even a well-trained one. Especially not one bigger than you are.

Whe the kids were growing up except all of the male dogs would growl at Kyle when he laid on them or invaded the food space and a lot of other things. They wouldn't growl at the girls for some reason. I was worried about it until one day I saw Surra growl at kyle and then pul him gently to the floor where they went to sleep.

I've had more problems with cats and kids than Ive ever had with dogs and kids.

"MOMmyyyyy, Kitty cratch me!!!!!"

"MOMmyyyyy, Kitty cratch me!!!!!"
Yeah? What were you doing to invite that? <- my standard response to cat-scratch complaints. I think the cats have been at fault maybe once.

My kids are less-than-impressed by my towering empathy. :rolleyes: