BC Boards

Vala After Her Second Bath

Doesn't she just look healthier tonight?

3866768248_777c077ac8.jpg

She really seems to appreciate being clean.

3865984019_48586e8468.jpg

Turning her attention to the sound of Nyx across the room.

3866768178_5fec318d9b.jpg

"Watch me, Vala."

3866768440_8b5e2e9e16.jpg

"Good girl."

3866768300_1c419db3c6.jpg

There's a cat over there, I know it!

3865983909_4317bd2cbf.jpg

I can hear it...

3866768308_d49a8490dd.jpg

Let me go see it!

3865983769_2dbb91f1fc.jpg

"All done."

3865984345_89fac15c11.jpg

:rolleyes:

She's just beautiful, I'm so glad you saved her. What a precious girl. She reminds me of our first border collie when she was really young, her name was Josie (RIP). Congratulations, a very special girl. Valorie

She is gorgeous.

These photos remind me of the ones I took of my dog the first few weeks he was home - happy, but still a bit wary, not sure if the other shoe is going to drop.

I think it took about two weeks before Buddy relaxed a bit. I was walking him, and he turned back to look at me, and gave me that smile of acknowledgment that they give sometimes - and I knew he felt safe as long as he could see me. ::Sigh:: Took him months after that to relax about all the "dangerous" things we ran into (bikes, motorcycles, wheelchairs, strangers staring at him...)

Mary

Thanks, everyone!

These photos remind me of the ones I took of my dog the first few weeks he was home - happy, but still a bit wary, not sure if the other shoe is going to drop.

Well, she usually smiles at me a lot, but most often on walks when she makes eye contact (often) or when she's getting pet. And these pictures were just after a bath, with cats roaming around, so she wasn't as calm. But she really is relaxing more! She's even building her self-confidence with the cats.

I think it took about two weeks before Buddy relaxed a bit. I was walking him, and he turned back to look at me, and gave me that smile of acknowledgment that they give sometimes - and I knew he felt safe as long as he could see me. ::Sigh:: Took him months after that to relax about all the "dangerous" things we ran into (bikes, motorcycles, wheelchairs, strangers staring at him...)

Happily she only seems to be scared of thunder-like noises. Cars backfiring, and thunder. That's it. And I can calm her out of it by having her watch me. (She has already learned that command too... she is SO EASY.) She loves strangers and wants EVERY SINGLE PERSON WE PASS to pet her. Especially children and senior citizens. She sits politely and wags wags wags giving them polite eye contact and bowing down until they come. I seriously lucked out.

I am so happy for you Mary. Beautiful Vala is one lucky, lucky hound. I've followed your previous posts about Pan with a mix of growing admiration and respect. I can think of no-one more deserving of a lovely dog like Vala than you.

PS. Admiring that lovely newly bathed coat and thinking .... do you have a Dyson Animal yet :rolleyes: