BC Boards

Dogs support Michael Vick?

Well, now. I am no Michael Vick fan, but if I understand it correctly, customers have always been able to buy customized NFL jerseys for their dogs. That's nothing new, and now that he's a player in the NFL again, Vick's name will be available, along with any other player name. So, isn't it the customer who orders a Vick jersey the "disgusting" one? Or should the NFL say that customers can order a customized dog jersey with any player on it in the NFL, except for Vick? I mean, I suppose they can, but I don't think the NFL is the bad guy here.

Well, now. I am no Michael Vick fan, but if I understand it correctly, customers have always been able to buy customized NFL jerseys for their dogs. That's nothing new, and now that he's a player in the NFL again, Vick's name will be available, along with any other player name. So, isn't it the customer who orders a Vick jersey the "disgusting" one? Or should the NFL say that customers can order a customized dog jersey with any player on it in the NFL, except for Vick? I mean, I suppose they can, but I don't think the NFL is the bad guy here.

Exactly...actually this is the best quote in the whole article...

"And besides that, I refuse to get worked up about dog clothing. The very act of putting clothing on a dog may be more offensive than anything that might be printed on that clothing."

It seems odd that back in 2005 when Vick the %ick was running around using the Ron Mexico alias while getting treated (and also apparently spreading) herpes, the National Felons League banned customers from ordering his Falcons jersey with the name "Mexico" on it.

I guess the NFL did not want to tarnish its image. (Laughing hysterically at more than 1 irony here.) Try this link fore more information.

Let's also not forget that the herpes infected quarterback also failed a drug test for pot while awaiting trial in 2007 and was the registered owner of a truck in which 2 men were arrested for distributing marijuana in 2005. (Obviously these 2 incidents were merely a coincidence.)

A pillar of society, a paragon of virtue....

I'm not a football fan (or big sports fan) but I'd like to be able to take a little pride in my hometown teams. And the "Eagles S***" shirt would be for me. On 2nd thought, I don't think I want anything that says Eagles on it right now. A friend of mine bought an Eagles shirt 2 days before the big announcement, it went back today.

I watched the local news conference announcing his addition to the Eagles and in my opinion, there was no remorse. He's doing what he has to do to get back to where he wants to be. The guy messed up again and was sorry he had to spend time in jail and seriously put his ability to earn big $$ in jeopardy. That's what it sounded like to me.

I'm curious to see how the die-hard Eagles fans are going to react when he steps foot on the field. Just from watching the news, the reactions seem split.

It doesn't bother me really that this shirt is for sale. What bothers me is that a lot of people will probably buy it. Sigh.

I have an Eagle's dog jersey (no idea where it came from- I certainly didn't buy it- I might have won it). I'm planning on sewing "VICKtimized" on one side and something else brilliant (I haven't figured out what yet) on the other and putting it on my pit bull and taking her to a dog festival.