BC Boards

We have found the solution!

As mentioned earlier, we really suck at walks... I HATE walking. And luckily Zoe doesn't really seem to suffer whether or not we take any... I let her run around the yard with me every day, she wrestles with Zeeke inside, and she's good. She has fairly low-exercise-requirements.

But Zeeke, Zeeke's our problem. Psycho german shepherd. And we know that a lot of his "quirks" (inability to listen or sit down for two seconds) come from his need to run. Which we can't let him do, because we don't have a fence, we don't know anyone who has a fence, and he WILL take off if let off-leash (he's done it before - took us over an hour to catch him, while he was running merrily through neighbor's yards. Not my idea of a good time. It was his, however.)

So we found a solution! Zeeke HAS to be kept on-leash, but he has a 25' flexi leash that lets him get quite a good jog. He likes to run around with his daddy in the yard, but that only does so much.

So we turned Zoe loose in the yard. Zoe listens. She sometimes goes too far into the neighbor's yard, but at a word she comes running back. (I'm so proud of my baby She seems to have gotten over that short period where she pretended I wasn't giving commands. :rolleyes: ) Anywho... so the two of them, one on-leash, one-off. The person holding Zeeke's leash stands in the middle of the yard. And the two dogs RUN and RUN and RUN. Around and around they go. Zeeke chases, Zoe evades. Zoe can really go for a small dog! Zeeke is faster in a straight run, but Zoe can dart back and forth which is big body can't quite accomadate. Though sometimes he catches her... ever seen a lion take down a giselle? Looks kinda like that... he just grabs her scruff and drags her to the ground. LOL!

10 minutes of that and both their tongues are hanging halfway to friday. Zeeke is now passed out on the floor. So we're going to do this every day. :D

Though sometimes he catches her... ever seen a lion take down a giselle? Looks kinda like that... he just grabs her scruff and drags her to the ground
That sounded pretty scary at first... but I know they are good buddies and having a blast.

Good idea! and keep up the great work with them

Inu - Yeah, sometimes she squeals and then I jump in and admonish him for being rough... but she jumps up and goes right back at him, so I know she doesn't get hurt. It took me a while to get used to how rough they play! Especially since she's so much smaller than him. But she's one tough cookie. She beats the snot out of him sometimes. :rolleyes:

she jumps up and goes right back at him
Same story with Dazzle and the shih tzu! I break it up 'cause it looks way to rough, then little Peanut goes and attacks Dazzle! (or what she can reach of her anyway) :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: The little ones sure are tough, aren't they! Zoe goes after his ruff and cheek... sometimes I find her hanging off of the rolls of skin under his chin. :D He makes a show of growling and looking mean, but he really does let her do quite a bit. I should video their wrestling one day.

This sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you found a solution. Sounds like both dogs just love it, too.

Tess and Kipp love the chase game. About 5 minutes of ball and 5 minutes of that after our walks (I love to walk! I can't believe anyone doesn't love to walk around outside! Are you nuts? :D:rolleyes: ) and they are totally wiped out. It's great.

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com