BC Boards

Joint Supplement Recommendations

Laurena

• 3 weeks later...

i am using Nupro with joint supplement for years on kingsley.. and recently put my other dog - robin on it.

i could see the difference in that 10 yr old dog.. and he used to be sore hips occassionally.. and now.. it's gone.. i like it.

http://www.nuprostore.com/nuprojointsup.htm

:rolleyes:

I use Synovi-G3

Me too, and it really does seem to make a difference. I think they are rather pricey from the vet's though. Probably available somewhere on line but haven't checked yet. I also give fish oil caps. He loves 'em! :rolleyes:

I use Total Joint Care for me and Tess. It's a horse product so I reduce the amount for us. It makes Tess run like a young dog and it pays off at the trials. My hips are messeed up as well as my kneww and it helps me be able to walk around.

We ran out and it took a few days for it to arrive and in those few days, Tess was very stiff and couldn't jump on the bed. Now with it, she can leap over a four foot fence. I, on the other hand, can not leap over a four foot fence at all. I liked it so much that I became a dealer so save on the cost.

I also have my dogs go to the chiro about 2 months or so. That really helps and I also do doggie massage on Tess and Nan.

I use regular old glucosamine and chondroitin. Both my dogs take it- one had OCD as a youngster, and the other had hip troubles. They are both doing great on it, and I notice no difficulties or pains from either. There are many versions for dogs, like Cosequin, but I use the same brand for my dogs that my husband and I use (produced for human consumption). It is much cheaper than buying the brands made for dogs, and it has the exact same formulation. I also supplement with fish oil and flax seed oil capsules occasionally.

As I'm sure you know already, I would ask your vet before using most products made for humans, just to be sure.

Karrin

I feed Chaos Joint mobility food (Eukenuba) it's got all the suppliments in it already and I need him on joint suppliments as he has had an operation on his shoulder joint.....He loves it.

I feed Chaos Joint mobility food (Eukenuba) it's got all the suppliments in it already and I need him on joint suppliments as he has had an operation on his shoulder joint.....He loves it.

I know several people who are using Recovery ES and swear by it, not only for their dogs and horses, but themselves as well. One person has a 4 yr old great dane who could hardly get up by himself and now has no issues. I haven't tried it myself yet, but am getting ready to start this next pay check :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...