BC Boards

canine birth defect study

Liz P

Interesting but this study requires the breeder to submit the information, including registration information. I wonder how many breeders are willing to do that? Certainly not the irresponsible ones, I would imagine, who do things like merle-merle breedings for color, and so on.

I wish them well in discovering information that will be useful.

Interesting but this study requires the breeder to submit the information, including registration information. I wonder how many breeders are willing to do that? Certainly not the irresponsible ones, I would imagine, who do things like merle-merle breedings for color, and so on.

I wish them well in discovering information that will be useful.

Hopefully enough responsible breeders will participate to make it work. If they want genetic testing to prevent diseases they need to be willing to do their part and submit samples.

Yes, but I just wondered with the apparent reluctance of many kennels to even admit to genetic defects, if they will get much response - particularly from those with significant defect issues.

I do hope it results in some good information.