BC Boards

2009 Whistle For a Cure SDT (novice/nursery)

The 2009 Whistle for a Cure trial will be held Sunday, September 29 this year at Shoofly Farm in Oxford NC. We plan to hold the Novice classes and one Nursery class, with possible Open fun runs at the end of the day (to be determined by number of entries and sheep available).

Entry forms can be found at

http://www.sheepdogsonline.com/entry.pdf (pdf file)

http://www.sheepdogsonline.com/entry.doc (word doc)

We're raising funds to support our friend Joan Stout-Knight's effort in raising money for Ovarian Cancer Research. If you can't join us, please

consider an in spirit entry or donation. The trial was a great success last year and we hope it will be as successful or even better this year. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i'd bump this up. Plans are coming along well for the trial. It's going to be the main fundraiser for Joan this year as she's had a rough time with her energy levels this year and won't be able to get together other events to raise money, so we hope you'll come to the trial and/or send an in-spirit entry if you can. We're putting together a raffle and will be selling hats to mark the event as well (I'll post the hat design when i get it). Kate will be doing another yummy lunch for fundraising too.

Remember entry opens August 24th (no need to wait if you want to do an inspirit entry though!)

This trial was loads of fun last year, made even better by the fact that it was in support of a very worthy cause. Those of you who trial on the east coast probably have met Joan, and all the money we raise at this trial goes toward her efforts to raise awareness of and funds for ovarian cancer research. If you can make it out, you will have a blast and challenge your young dogs, and if you can't make it, please consider an in spirit entry.

J.

I can't come but I plan on getting off my "in spirit" entry tonight. Sorry that I have put it off but I just seem to miss getting it done.

Give Joan my very best wishes! She's a trooper and a wonderful person.

That makes two of us! I'll have it on the way tomorrow. I have had two (actually, more than two, of course) good women who directly impacted my life, my mother who died of lung cancer and my mother-in-law who died of breast cancer. It's a pleasure to try and help out in honor of good women everywhere who have succumbed to cancer in its many forms!