BC Boards

Proposal - Non BC Related or Off Topic Chat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I had chimed in on this, but guess I just drempt it! I like the way the forum is set up now, I am one of the 'pet' folks who has learned an enormous amount from the working folks, including the utmost importance of breeding for working ability only (very eloquent post Eileen, thank you). So my vote is to label our posts more clearly, especially O/T's, keeping the 'general BC discussion' as is. And I hope the working folks stay involved, because you guys rock! You really understand these dogs, and your advise to just so valuable, thank you again.

I agree that separating the two "groups" would not be beneficial, and from some of these recent posts, see that "we" (we being those hard-core working dog folk) have indeed helped "educate" some who might not have previosly understood our (here I use "our" as I am in complete agreeement with Eileen and her "mission" statement) stance on this magnificanet breed of dog.

As for O/T posts, maybe as some have suggested, if we just have more clear subjects we can tell if it's something we care to read or not. I don't really have a problem with O/T posts; mostly I don;t want to read them, but if they are clearly labeled, then I can skip when I want to,

Anna

Anyone else notice that the OT posts seem to have dropped off and the actual BC information content increased correspondingly since this thread was started? I don't mind (skipping over) an occasional OT post now and then, but I wonder if all the energy going into OT posts lately wasn't taking some peoples' time away from posting about the main thing we all have in common?

I appreciate it when MOST of the board discussion is about BCs, and when at least some of it is new information or new perspectives. I have a serious, BC-related training issue that I'd like to ask for help with, but of late I haven't felt that the likelihood of receiving useful advice from people who have more than a year or two of BC experience outweighs the emotional cost of publicly admitting that I am at a loss for how to control this problem, and dealing with all the knee-jerk "obviously you don't have a basic understanding of the breed" responses that such topics often engender.

Which I guess is my way of saying that I think Eileen should do whatever it takes to make experienced people willing to expend time and energy to actively participate in this board, since there are far fewer of them than there are of the rest of us.